to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ahhhh 13--The Boutonniere

Artistic, Hexotic, Hop-A-Long, Hex-a-Long, Hillbilly Hectic Hexie #13


I have been missing you, my friends. I am getting very tired of dresdens. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind dresdens in general...but I am using all old, old fabric and most of them are solids. My eyes are ready for color! And my lonely self is ready to get back to blogland. A few more days. Only 5 dresdens to go. Then I have to make little circles for the center of all 50 (yes a total of 50!) of them. I hope to be finished by Monday. (Please oh please!) There are 492 blog posts just begging for me to take a peek.

Now as for this week's Ahhhh...I wish that I would have had time to make two. I am going to have to come back to this one and make it out of my kaleidoscope fabric because it is just so pretty. But since last week I didn't have time to do an African hexie, I wanted to do one of those for today.


Today's Ahhhh --The Boutonniere--is brought to you by Eveline Foland, and was published in the Kansas City Star on Sept 26, 1931. 



There is lots of room for color play on this; especially using the tumbler blocks around the edge.

Have fun!


11 comments:

Kylie Lloyd said...

very cute Tonya. I really need to get back into them. I have brought new card stock to try out.

Belinda said...

Wow! That's gorgeous!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, this is a WOW instead of an AHHH.

Junibears said...

I'm, happy to see you are still sewing madly! This is a lovely colourful one. Hugs xx

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Another beautiful Hexie! Love it!

Patty@Granma's said...

Neat! I like this one too - maybe someday......

KatieQ said...

I love how you fussy cut the bird for the center.

Christine M said...

The colours in your hexie remind me a stained glass. It looks great.

sandra said...

Looking good tonya, drawn out ready to choose colours.

Snoodles said...

That's a nice one! Take care, and get those dresdens done so you can come back and play with all of us! LOL

elliek said...

Bought some new material for an AHHH hexie or two so am keen to start this one. Lovely