to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

7 things

I published my ahhhh a bit early because on Wednesday evening I got an email telling me that my blog had been featured on Best of the Web over at Craft Corners. My poor husband, who is not quite as open about life as I am, was mortified that I had my TMI post up when that feature came out so I had to hit publish real quick on the Ahhhh's. LOL, I am still giggling at him and his reaction to that post.

Anyway, go check out Craft Corners. There are several quilt blogs featured this time that are new to me, so they might just be new to you! You can find the post RIGHT HERE.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I recently received a blog award from Kylie. I don't actually pass these awards on. Once I did, and someone else got jealous and so I just don't. But I will share 7 things about myself. That is kind of hard since I am more of an open book person AND I want to think of some incredibly interesting things. This may take me some time but here goes:

1) I used to have miniature horses. No, not ponies. Pet Peeve warning! Ponies are not miniature horses. Here is one of my favorite mini's with Seth when he was not much older than Stephen. The mini never got above 18" at his withers. When our life had to change and the kids and I had to leave the farm (before Jerry's time) I donated this little guy and my favorite mare (you can see her legs in the photo) to a home for mentally challenged women. I will have me another mini someday. Yes I will.

2) I have lived through several serious car accidents. The two worst are 1--when Amy was born. I was on the way to the hospital to be induced and didn't need to be. The wreck put me into labor.  2--Amy was 2 1/2 years old and I was driving her to preschool when someone ran a red light and slammed into us. We flipped and rolled. I was in therapy for a year. This is the root cause of my need to sleep in a recliner today. We are very blessed that, even though I was in outpatient therapy, we(Amy and I both times)  'walked away' from these accidents. I have been in a total of 5 accidents where the car was totaled. I have been in a couple more where the car wasn't totaled. 

3) I do not drink anything other than lukewarm water.

4) My mother in law just bought us a Kindle Fire. It will take a while to get here due to a mistake in the order.

5) I have too much fabric.

6) I like to think in the shower. If I need to make an important decision...I take a shower. I used to take hikes but I have a tag along now. So my thinking place had to move. Wanna see my shower?
This is a real shower that we stumbled upon while on one of Stephen's Adventures this past week. He said that he would blog about it this weekend on his blog.

7) If I have shared these before, and I think I have some of them. Forgive me. I am 43. I have a toddler. My mind is not what it used to be.

19 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations - had a peek as I have never heard of this site. I'm kind of a 'no-tag' zone - so you are gracious in sharing your personal. Now I did not know about the mini horses.

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing... it's nice to get to know you a little better!

QuiltSue said...

Congrats on being a "feature"!

I love your shower, but isn't it a bit chilly in winter (giggle).

sweetybird09 said...

I like reading things about my blog buddies...I am curious as to why you do not drink anything other then lukewarm water...can you tell us why???

Have a great weekend, I am off to see Stephens blog now

Belinda said...

Hey!!! Congratulations Tonya! That's quiet the honor. Great site to visit too. I think better in the shower, or when I'm ironing or working in the yard. Immediate demands seem to drop away and my mind focuses better for some reason, while doing mundane tasks.

Barb said...

wow...that is alot of accidents...

Nice things to know about you...I usually take a nap when I need to think on something.

Carrie P. said...

thanks for sharing those things about your self.
I can't believe you survived all those accidents. God surely has a plan for you to still be here on earth.
Just water! wow, that is amazing to me. I drink a lot of water but I like my cup of coffee or tea in the morning. Plus living in the south sweet, not to sweet, tea is my one bad vice. lol

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Congrats on the award - Best of the Web! So Cool! You are very deserving of it! Fantastic! I love following your blog and seeing what you are up to everyday! Even the TMI posts! LOL
Love your outside shower!
And maybe you have nine lives like a cat with all those accidents! WOW ! Glad you are here to write about all of it!
Horses -- Mini -WOW!
Have a wonderful day!
Congrats again!

gail said...

congrats on the feature! :)

Love that shower Tonya. I too do my thinking in the shower...

have a great weekend,
gail

Patty@Granma's said...

Random thoughts:

Gr-r-reat shower! Unless you have neighbors with two (or 3) story houses!

My husband's family is RLDS and his Aunt and Uncle drank only water, from the tap.

I prefer my water that way too, no ice needed. And I usually drink it standing at the sink, 8 oz, straight down, glug, glug, glug, bre-eathe. Stephan would love that!

BUT(so sorry) I do need an occasional Pepsi to see me through a rough day!!!

AND - I can't think in the shower and wash at the same time ;-)

Lynda said...

Congrats Tonya! I think I would stay out of a car if I were you. The shower looks a bit chilly during the winter.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Tonya, I enjoyed reading about you. I am always being told to drink more water- I love my coffee, Diet Pepsi and Diet Ginger Beer.
You have been in a lot of car accidents, you must have one very special Guardian Angel watching over you.
Your toddler must keep you "on your toes" too, I became a grandma at 38!
He is now married and living in the U.S. near San Diego.
Congratulations on being featured. I will visit that site later for a look-see.
Bye for now! Sandy. :)

Linda said...

Congrats on your awards! Well deserved, as always!! That's a lot of accidents. You definitely have an angel watching over you! I love love horses too. Never saw a mini before though so thanks for sharing that photo. Seth look so much like Stephen in the picture too! super adorable :)

hope said...

Congrats on your well deserved award. I can only imagine your husband's response to the TMI post. Everytime I mention starting my blog, Kent raises an eyebrow at me. He won't even post a status to facebook. Enjoyed reading about the mini horses and sooo glad you came through those accidents. Hope

KatieQ said...

Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your life. I've never heard of mini horses. Very cool! Congratulations on having your lovely blog recognized. I'm sure lots more bloggers will be beating a path to your door and becoming followers.

Allie said...

Congrats on being featured, girl!! Wowzers on all those accidents. I've almost drowned 8 times....thinking God is telling me to stay out of the water! Have you tried a memory foam mattress? I slept in a recliner for 5 years [severe spinal arthritis] and the new bed is the best thing I've ever done. We all got them [family] on ebay, where the prices for four, both twin and double size, were less than the price of one at a furniture store. They were perfect, shrink-wrapped, and brand spanking new.

rooee said...

Congrats on the award and the recognition, well deserved!
Now I know a little more about you. wow @ being in all those wrecks, so glad you and Amy made it through those bad ones!
I am curious about the water too as I am such a tea and coffee addict!

rooee said...

ps. it must have been shocking to have to leave your mini's :(. when I left Australia I had to leave my much loved border collie with friends as I knew she wouldn't handle the trip, quarantine etc. ughhhh

teresamnj said...

Love the shower, love your blog! Sorry I don't read as often as I want to.