8 blue/red plaid
8 blue red polka dot
4 brown/peach floral
8 corner fan
8 small fan
2 large multi print
1) How to do EPP!! I started out using the machine and found it really hard to do non cottons so EPP was much easier. Also learned to use interfacing on non-cotton!
2) Roxanne's applique glue works better than Sewline for applique.
3) Older black fabric disintegrates really easily. I've learned this through research. I will hand wash this quilt before giving to the owner to remove applique glues, but I will tell her that it should not be washed very often. The fabrics in this quilt are 40 years old, so they should be handled carefully.
4) On a personal level--not to take on large projects! I did this as a favor, and won't be earning a profit. But, I have learned from this quilt (or quilts rather) and that I don't regret at all
5) Also on a personal level--I do so very much enjoy blogging and reading blogs. I missed you so much that I almost got depressed for a few days. Well, actually I did. But I can also say that peri-menopausal stuff helped in that dept. Seth said he would like to move out until this is over. I told him that he better just get used to it. I have to deal with 3 men all the time with only seeing a female face (my daughter) about once every two weeks, so they better just deal with this. Their fault for taking the apple, I say! Ok, there's my little bit of humor for today.
All that is left is sashing/borders. I cannot easily work on that except during sleepy toddler times so I can now start visiting each of you again! Yay! I am so excited!!!!!!
There are 883 posts in my reader...I am going to take my time and enjoy catching up.
Mostly, I am just ecstatic to say, " I'm Back!!!"