Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stephen's Safari

So much happens when you turn into a big 2 yr old boy!!
 For one, you get big birthday cakes:


You get to open presents on your new big boy bed on Christmas morning:

And, you get to go on African Safari's! 
Yes,  an African safari right in the middle of Missouri!

Have you ever been on a safari before? 
First you go to this place and buy a cup of food.
And then all these animals come and swarm your car and try to climb in the windows to get the cup of food.
Only this little deer was too scared to climb in the window.

This llama wasn't too scared.

And neither was this guy:

But then a whole herd of zebras started running towards us!

I was a little worried about my daddy, you know.
I am a brave boy, but my daddy's window was down, and I gotta take care of my daddy!
The zebra turned out to be really nice.
Only he kept chasing us whenever we tried to drive away.

And so was the camel.

Those crazy animals tried to lick my drink right out of my hand. 
No way that was going to happen!


And then, you would not believe it.
I saw the ugliest, scariest animals that I've ever seen in my life. 
I took one look at them and said to my Grandma Helen,
"Are you kiddin' me?! Don't let them come over here!"

I mean, look at 'em. Wouldn't they scare you too?

19 comments:

Christine M said...

Looks like you all had a lovely time at the safari Stephen. You're right about those last animals. They are scary! lol

Belinda said...

Oh Stephen, you are such a cutie pie! I'm glad you had a good time.

Sharon said...

Stephen! What a fun time you had! I think all the animals wanted to wish you a happy birthday! :)

FabricFascination said...

Cute ~ Happy Birthday Stephen!

sandra said...

Looks like a lot of fun Stephen. I would be scared of those zebras, and you have to watch camels too, because they spit!

Fiona said...

How fun... you can tell Stephen I was chased by a real rhino... had to skim up a tree quick time!!! what a lovely place to go....
Hugz

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun place to visit... sometimes my place reminds me of a safari park... and yes some of the characters you find here can be pretty scary too!

sweetybird09 said...

Great Safari thanks for sharing Stephen

Pat said...

Great adventure, Stephen! Happy birthday too xx

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love Stephen's adventures! Cool that you have a Safari right in the middle of Missouri! Looks like you all had fun!

Snoodles said...

Wow, Stephen, you have so much fun, that I'd like to come and have adventures with you! You do a great job of looking after daddy and mommy, too!

Diane H said...

Stephen is too cute! He will have wonderful memories from his safari.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Oh, Stephen, you didn't look too sure of some of those animals! But a big boy 2 year old never really gets scared, does he? : )

I've been to several wild life safari parks and they are so much fun! One time, when my son was about 3, some animal (I can't remember what, but it was big!) rammed our car -- Adam nearly jumped out of his skin!!

Patty@Granma's said...

Birthday Blessings, Stephen!
That is some birthday cake!
And now you are two, you will get to have lots more adventures ( but not as many naps, eh, Mom).

Melody said...

Looks like you and your little sweetie, Stephen had a great time.

Carrie P. said...

What a day he will not forget for a long time.
Happy Birthday, Stephen!

KatieQ said...

Missouri is a lot more exciting than I realized. It looks like great fun.

teresamnj said...

That really is a big cake! Looks yummy. Happy Birthday, Stephen!!!

QuiltSue said...

You're right Stephen. It seems like it's fun being two. Those Rhinosausages certainly are ugly and scarey looking.