to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So Long, Farewell!

No, not to me silly. To Stephen! He told me that he is too big a boy now to be blogging his adventures on a quilt blog. You'll see a button on my side bar that looks like this:

Click on it (on the left side bar) and you will be whipped away to the many adventures that await you!

--------------------------------

I received a nice email from someone that found my FPP tute, and she wondered if I had a flickr group to share items made from my patterns and tutes. The Ahhhh group has been adjusted accordingly (to be an all inclusive Hillbilly group) and can now be found on the left side bar as well. If you have any photos of items made from my patterns, tutes, or schemes and have a moment, I'd love to have you post them there. Thank you kindly!

-----------------------------


Speaking of the FPP tute, here is a photo of Raelynne, the recipient of the heart quilt.
Raelynne has Leukemia. She lives alone but has two sisters that come and help on occasion.
She was very blessed by her quilt from around the world.

-----------------------------------

My Dream.
Every year about this time I get the hankerin (some Hillbilly lingo for you) to attempt my little business again. This year the hankerin is a bit larger than other years. We have decided that it is time for my husband to quit his second job. His working for 60 plus hours a week is just too much--for him, for me, and for our little boy.
Many have asked...how in the world with 4 blogs, and homeschooling now 2 boys (yes, Stephen has begun even at this age) and running a home. So, since I've had many ask via emails, I'll give you more details on the how. (more about quilts in a moment)

Well--the extra blogs are a way of keeping my life streamlined. 

Stephen's blog is my alternative to scrapbooking. Easier. Print a book at the end of the year. Done. (But I'll make it fun for those of you that like his adventures.) Even if you don't stay and follow let me know what you think of his bloggy look.

The book blog--I often read during the mid of the night when I can't sleep. If I read a book, I'll blog about it. No hurry. No demands. Just my own personal quest to get good books blogged about.

The Bible Study blog--I have help for that one!

Then there is this blog. I want to keep learning and doing and teaching. And I am really really hankerin (there's that word again) to design my own patterns (using ahhhh's and some other things up my sleeves) and I want to sell kits for those patterns. What do you think? Do you think I have a shot at it? 
Well, even if not, it will be so nice having my husband home on the weekends. I'll just have to buy a little less fabric, thread, needles, batting...but so worth the trade! 

-----------------------------

See you Thursday for Ahhhhh day!

17 comments:

Fiona said...

you are so industrious.....
Hugz

sweetybird09 said...

I went to Stephens blog and its so cute, I look forward to reading it!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Fun new look! Hey, don't be afraid to put the shout out if you need anything - quilters love to share and assist - and a clear out does us all good, especially if we can pass it on.

Sunnybec said...

Phew when I read the beginning of your post I thought that was it...no Stephen, pleased to see we can still keep up with him in his own little blog. I say go for it! If you don't try you will never know. My hubby and I took early retirement 9 years ago and moved to France..that was a big big decision for us and yes a scary one. We don't have much income now but our quality of life is so much better, we have never regretted our decision (well except when I want some fabric and can't afford it!!!!) Hugs xx

QuiltSue said...

I'm with Stephen on this - he's a big boy now and should have his own blog.

It'll be great for all of you to have DH around more and to get weekends again, even if it means a bit of belt tightening sometimes.

As for your patterns becoming a business, well go for it I say. You never know what it could grow into.

Wanda said...

Wow, now I wish I live closer. I would love to help. I will be your cheering squad instead. Go Tonya!!!

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

rooee said...

Tonya you will never know till you try with your business venture. I think your patterns are awesome so why wouldn't others? Will you start an etsy shop? Lots of luck and best wishes from me!!

Going now to Stephens big boy blog! :)

Linda said...

Go for it Tonya! Noting ventured, nothing gained, as they say! Hubby time at home is well worth it!! I'm heading over to big boy Stephen's blog :)

hope said...

I agree with the above. Nothing ventured, nothing gained (I need to read that to myself about starting a blog -- I know) and the extra time with your hubby will be well worth it. If you need to vent about running your own business just yell at me -- my hubby's been self employed for 30+ years and I've been office manager, etc. (Sometimes a little too much togetherness lol) You go!!!

Patty@Granma's said...

What a cool way to track Stephen's adventures! I'll bet he is excited too.

Let me know when your patterns are ready - might be a good mix in Colorado!!!

Carrie P. said...

I think you should go for it. I know another blogger who has been doing it for about 4 years at least and now she has other companies buying her patterns.
You just never know until you try.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Definitely go for it! You don't know how it will go unless you give it a try. You have enough determination and are artistic enough to get the job accomplished.

Barb said...

You sure keep busy...and your heart quilt looks awesome and the smile on the face of the receipent is worth everything!

rosie said...

Follow your dream Tonya.. you only get one shot at life, so make the most of it..
I don't know how you keep up with all your blogs, I have trouble with one!!!!

Michelle said...

Go for it... you'll never know unless you try and I'm sure you'll have fun in the process :O)

Pat said...

I'm pleased to hear Jerry has stopped the second job and that you want to try with the business. Good luck to you both xx

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

It will be so good to have Jerry home more with you and for Stephen too! Go for the business! Your patterns would be great! Whatever you do will be perfect -- good for all of you!
Like the separate blogs for keeping things organized for you... but we all love the post about Stephen! So I hopped over and following there too! I have three blogs too --- one for my food pics that look like quilts!
Nice photo of Raelynne and the donation quilt from all over the world. I hope that it brings her some comfort.
Have a great day!