to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello my friends!

Let me start with saying thank you to each of you that sent emails and comments my way. I will find time later in the week to email each of you back. (over 60 emails!) And I will start visiting blogs again tomorrow. I've missed you all and it shows with currently over 700 blog posts in my reader. I will give a quick rundown of how we've been and what's going on.
---------------------------

Last Monday when Jerry's dad passed away I immediately started washing laundry to prepare us all to leave for Texas. Then the last minute we decided Jerry just HAD to get down there and the long drive with Stephen would have really slowed him down, so I took him to the airport and put him on a plane. Because of Jerry's job, we never reveal to anyone when I am home alone while he is out of town. It was especially important this week as word got around the prison that Jerry was in Texas. So, I did what my husband and I thought best and I shut off the computer (except for one amazon book order I couldn't resist placing. More on that in a couple of weeks.) 

In Texas, Jerry basically hit the ground running. His father ran a rescue horse operation and there is no way that Jerry's mom could handle it, so Jerry spent the week selling off  trailers, equipment, etc and finding homes for all the horses. Jerry's father did not want a memorial service so he didn't even take time to grieve. It was just go go go. Well, he ended up selling enough off to pay back our plane ticket, pay the funeral home for costs, and pay for Jerry's trip home. That was a huge blessing! 

Jerry came home late Friday. He drove his father's pickup and had a horse trailer full of more tack, etc that we will either keep or sell. (Did you catch that blessing number two? We now have two vehicles. I won't be without a car during the day anymore as long as the truck lasts. It's an old farm truck so we won't expect it to last forever.)

Yesterday my husband had the chance to sit down for the first time in a week. And realize it was his father's birthday. So, yesterday being the first day he could even grieve, it was sort of a hard day.

In a minute we are off to go take a load of stuff to the thrift store. 
We are all doing ok. I have a horrible cold...coughed all night...but then those things happen.
Stephen was sick again 3 nights ago with one of his fevers. 101.3. And then diarrhea the next day. But it didn't last six weeks. He's eating today so no worries!

Well, the boys just got back from taking a ride in the truck. (Stephen LOVES the new truck.) They went to get me some soup for my sore throat. Gotta go, but I'll be back to visit you all soon. We get back to 'real' life tomorrow.

17 comments:

rooee said...

Tonya I am way behind with blogs so I am just hearing about your loss. May your father in law rest in peace. Feel better soon. Blessing to you and your family.

Belinda said...

So glad Jerry is back safe, and hearing that even in great loss, God will bless.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I am still keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers as Jerry and all adjust to the changes and his Mom too. Glad to hear you all back safe and sound. I am also glad that he was able to recoup the expenses for the trip to Texas. Take care of you cold and get some rest all of you now that you are home. No need to reply to my comments and emails... Just glad to read your blog and know everyone is safe and sound.

Christine M said...

Thinking of you all and sending hugs. xx

Fiona said...

Thinking of you all.... don't reply to me.... you have enough...
Hugz

Michelle said...

Wow what a roller coaster of a week for you all...you are in my thoughts... same goes for me don't need to reply...
Hugs and Blessings

hope said...

I am so sorry Tonya. You have stayed in my thoughts and prayers for several months. I have been only minimally on the computer since Christmas (my foster son along with his 1 year old have moved home == talk about adjustment) so am just finding out. Please know that we will all be there to listen whenever you need us. Hope

Sharon said...

Glad that Jerry is back home and safe. So sorry to hear that you've caught the bug. Hope you are feeling better soon. Don't push yourself! Glad to hear that Stephen was eating again the next day.

Michelle May said...

Sending hugs my friend. Glad Jerry is home safe. So sorry about his Dad's passing.

sandra said...

Lovely to hear from you Tonya, and I hope everything is settling down for you. Hope you are feeling better and please don't think you have to reply to everyones comments, it's not necessary.

Snoodles said...

Good to see that you are back -- don't take the time to write, OK? I know that you are sick, and busy, too! Take care and get better - I'll still be praying for all of you. Warm hugs from SC!

Melissa said...

You all be careful, Tonya! It sounds like you are going to wear yourselves out. No better way to get sick than that!

Grace InAZ said...

Yikes, what a week you had! Take care of yourself and come back when you are rested up!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

elliek said...

Take care and I hope Jerry takes the time to grieve as that is important as I well know.In my thoughts and prayers ( don't need to reply I know you are busy)

sweetybird09 said...

Tonya, I agree with the others on the need Jerry has to grieve, but in his time is the best way.

wow that is so great about you having transportation now with that blessing of the truck.

Prayers for your health and that of your whole family!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, sounds like so much stress going on.
So sorry you have to go through this.
Sorry you are sick too. Not fun at all.
Praise God for the blessings though and the truck.
There is something about a truck that little boys love.
Get well soon.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Get well soon! Special thoughts and prayers coming your way for all of you. Sandy.