to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ahhhh 9-- The Split Star

Artistic, Hexotic, Hop-A-Long, Hex-a-Long, Hillbilly Hectic Hexie #9


Oh, how I've missed my Ahhhh's. Have you?

This week we are going to take this design from two weeks ago (or was it three?):

Keep it the same, only this time...do divide the star instead of keeping the points all one piece.
This is actually easier said than done. 
When you divide those points get very very small, so they are bit hard to work with.

I tried out several of my African prints, and they didn't work so well, so I went with these fabrics this week:

Mine was a bit off in the center--those points got me!

12 comments:

Kylie Lloyd said...

Very cute. I need to catch up.

rooee said...

your fabric choices are perfect! well done!

Belinda said...

I love the fabric, and you know what? I thought it was supposed to look that way in the center until you said it was off. :P

Quiltin' Sandy said...

The fabrics you chose are very pretty. :)

Snoodles said...

Glad to have you back! Lovely star, and I agree with Belinda...I thought it was 'sposed to be that way!

Patty@Granma's said...

I had that problem with a star quilt once, till a neighbor told me I should stop my seam a scant 1/4'' from the point. I'm not sure why, but it did work =>

Wendy said...

I love your fabric choices! This is a cute hexi!

Kelli said...

That is a great star. I hadn't noticed the center points yet, until you mentioned them. ;)

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Beautiful! I love the block and your fabric choices!

elliek said...

Love this one... in my favourite colours! I will get to this one soon. Have done two of the other star ones and they look fantastic. What is the matter with the centre??? If you hadn't mentioned it no-one would have noticed and I'm sure mine will be the same.

sandra said...

I didn't notice the centre till you pointed it out either. Love the colours.

Michelle May said...

Points are sooooo scary! Eeeek!
Love your fabric's girlfriend!