to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ahhhh 11-- The Kite Flower

This week I could hardly contain my excitement to share this with you. I have completely fallen in love with kaleidoscope fabric. In fact, after making this week's ahhhh, I spent some time googling around and now am hoping to get my hands on MORE, MORE, MORE. I want more!! This is exactly what I've been talking about when it comes to patterns. One thing I want to create is hexie patterns with kits using kaleidoscope fabric...someday :)
Don't know what kaleidoscope fabric is? Well, I had this piece laying around for several years just waiting on the perfect project:


I only showed a small piece of the fabric to show you where I cut out this weeks hexie pieces from.
Here's my little kite:

And here is this weeks Hexie
(It's not crooked. I just am.)

Isn't that star in the middle so cool?
You will hopefully be seeing much more kaleidoscope fun in the future.
At the minimum, you are stuck seeing this fabric each week until I work through this half yard of fabric.

And of course, my African kite flower which I am equally in love with:
(I need to get these African ones done for a challenge!)

And finally--an easy one for you to draw up this week:



Pin It

8 comments:

teresamnj said...

So pretty, Tonya! Love the kaleidescope effect. Can't wait to see more. I think you should go for it with designing your own patterns.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Absolutely lovely! Worth more than an AAAHHH for these for sure.

Belinda said...

Ooh, I love that! Very interesting, and I'll have to google that myself! You are really "going to town" with these things!!!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

WOW really Cool! Definitely Eye Candy! WOW!

Barb said...

Beautiful fabrics and hexie....

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness, Tonya! It is beautiful!!!

elliek said...

Love this fabric. Will need to source some kaleidoscope for this one. This looks easy so might do more than one.

QuiltSue said...

They are both great, but the first one is my favourite. Absolutely beautiful.