to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Seth's Herbs: Winter's Warmth Tea

Hello! Seth here, and I recently sent out some herbal tea pouches to some of you. Today I want to discuss the herbs that was inside the little tea pouches. That way you will know what kind of tea it is! Here are the ingredients and why they are in the tea:

Marshmallow Root--Soothes irritated mucus membranes through out your body. Aids in digestion. Helps sooth sore throats, colds and coughs.

Ginger--Is said to be a remedy for cold, flu, motion sickness, nausea, and fevers. Also helps with hangover. (Editors note--What?? Let's hope no one needs help with that!!!)

Licorice Root--Helps with Canker Sores, chronic fatigue, depression, colds, flu, coughs, sore throats. It also is supposed to help with baldness, body odor and dandruff. (Editors note: I am trying so hard not to laugh!!!)

Wild Cherry--Antioxidants

Lemon Peel--Colds, flu, and scurvy. (Editors note: I guess that is in case you plan on sealing yourself in and never going out this winter.)

Well, that is all the ingredients in my tea. There are alot aren't there? I hope it keeps you warm and healthy this winter.

For more about some of the herbs above, visit HerbWisdom.com:

Licorice Root can be found here.

More about lemon peel can be found Here

Editors Note: Seth really does research his herbs well. All herbs used in his teas are bought from a certified organic well known and reputable source.He uses good measure to ensure a clean work area.  Just like any herbal remedy, Seth's tea is not guaranteed to remedy anything listed above. We hope to have some of his tea blends and some other things up for sale soon. More about Seth's herbs can be found under the Seth page up top.

9 comments:

Belinda said...

I thought I tasted lemon in there. Yumm, it was very good. And the soothing part must be true, because I felt very soothed. :) Thanks Seth!

BeachQuilter said...

Hi Seth, I just happened upon your post today. It reminds me of an herbal tea prescribed by my MD years ago when I was sick. I hadn't used herbal remedies much and was pleased that the tea worked so well. I was also pleased to have an MD that knew herbs!
I'm going to find that recipe and keep it handy. Your tea sounds wonderful. Jan

Michelle said...

Mmmm I like my herbal teas too... green tea and mandarin is my favourite at the moment...

Fiona said...

Great research Seth....I never knew there was such a thing as Marshmallow Root... so we learn every day.... I do enjoy a lemon tea but I will look out for some others...
Hugz

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Thanks Seth for the information. Wow your tea has everything in it to take care of everything. Thanks for the links too!

Pat said...

Glad to know you're still using herbs, Seth. I know how much you love them xx

Heather said...

Excelent information, Seth. I'm glad you are still working on your apothecary items!
www.heatherscustomsewing.blogspot.com

Patty@Granma's said...

Seth - good job! You know, I saw the picture of you wrapping teas and ornaments, and the fabric you were using was the one I got in the mail. I think what you're doing is great.
Keep up the good work!

Snoodles said...

Great post, Seth! I've never heard of Marshmallow Root, that's cool. I have lots of Yellow Root growing in the woods here - do you know what it can be for? Thanks for a very interesting post!