to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, December 5, 2011

Last Week's Blessings

What a week of blessings that we had last week! Our trip went wonderful, even though it rained the entire time. I don't think any of us complained. We still got to see Silver Dollar City--it was absolutely beautiful! I am notorious for forgetting to take photos on vacation. Everyone besides Stephen and I had fancy phones though, so hopefully some good photos will find their way to me so that Stephen can write an adventure or two. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I had several blessings arrive by mail last week as well. First off was this huge box from our Christmas Angel. I am not going to share her name. Not this time. And I wasn't going to share the situation, but I decided that I am not going to pull the "I am too proud" routine. Most of you know that our family, just like many others, is on a very tight budget. This year our family was adopted by one of you in blogland. Most of you know her. She sent this HUGE box.

Inside was a stocking for each of us:

AND all of the presents for the stockings.
Also a garland, Christmas ornaments and canes for the garland. 
I'll try to remember to get a photo of that soon. 
It will be so fun to play Santa this year. 
Thank you my Christmas Angel. Many blessings to you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My first package arrived from Belinda.
Only she outdid herself. She sent me a bunch of paper towel rolls. 
You do not know how excited I get over paper towel rolls, I am crazy!
Also she sent some denim squares for my dog blankie.
And a pretty little tea light candle holder. 
(I love candles. I used to own my own store and made them daily. Very fun!)
Here was her ornament:

You cannot see how shiny and glittery it is, but it is beautiful. Seth is going to contact Belinda next week because he wants to learn how to make them.
Belinda sent Stephen his own ornament:

You can bet that he makes sure everyone know that that one is his. He hung it all by himself.

Next up was from Laura. She is new to the exchange this year, and I am happy to have met her.
Look at the cute ornament she sent. (Wonder if she knows how much I love blue??)

Then came a little package from Fiona.

Isn't he cute??

This year I am using my daughters Christmas tree. Since it is hers, I let her decorate it how she likes with her ornament and bows, but next year I am getting a tree all of my own. 
It will be all handmade ornaments. 

We sent out 20 ornaments from our house last week. Some were for the exchange and some others just as gifts. I can't share the photo yet as they haven't found their way around the world. But I can show you this photo of Seth wrapping them. He was a great help this year:


I am now going to watch the mailman and see if he has some little packages for me today.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so pleased you had a good time away and coming home to a surprise parcel as an added bonus... looking forward to seeing the photo's... Enjoy your day!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all your ornaments! Those mittens are so sweet and lots of work. I was blessed to receive one of Belinda's sparklies, so pretty. This was a fun and treasured swap.

Christine M said...

There are certainly some very special people in blogland! Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend.

Fiona said...

so glad you had a great weekend. you deserve a break.... and then come home to all that... excellent...
Hugz

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Glad to hear that you had a great time on your trip! All of the ornaments are wonderful!!

Belinda said...

So glad you had fun, even in the rain! And I'm glad Stephen likes his little ornament. I'll be sure to try my best at explaining to Seth how I did it. :)

Merry Christmas!

Ann Nichols said...

What a fabulous Christmas Angel you have!! And a real angels too!
So nice to see your comment at pat's... reminded me to look you up!
Blessings!
Ann

Pat said...

What a very kind thing your angel did for your family. Blessings on her .
love all the ornaments too :) xx

Linda said...

What a sweet angel you have! Kind people deserve many blessings and you, my dear, are certainly one of those KIND people! Your new ornaments are beautiful too!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

You are so blessed... What wonderful friends. The kindness of friends never ends...

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear you had a fun trip! I wish I could make it to SDC sometime soon. I haven't visited in sooo long! You are very blessed to have gotten those gifts and ornaments... there are a lot of generous people out there! And 20 ornaments... wow!

Sherry said...

I am happy that you have a wonderful Christmas Angel. What a blessing. It was fun to see some of your ornaments. I have received 4 ornaments and must get a blog post together soon so that I can share them, thanks so much for organizing the exchange. It has been fun for me.