to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Some hearts, hacks and handsomeness, oh and a Helen!

I have been attempting to get the charity heart quilt finished this week. I did spend some time squaring up blocks, taking away from some and adding to some others to get them all the same size. Last night I started on the sashing and hoped to get it all finished, but Stephen awoke hacking and coughing. He spent the rest of the night in the recliner with me. You know how that night time coughing goes. It was the real deep cough. It even woke up Jerry who is a heavy sleeper that usually doesn't even hear Stephen in the night. 

Given the state of my poor baby, here is where the heart quilt will sit until next week probably--at least it's further along than before!:

Tomorrow we are driving a 140 mile round trip to take Stephen to one of the best pediatrician groups that I've ever used. I am sure that they will get him feeling better in no time. That way he can be up to his normal very helpful self again!

No worries..this week's Ahhhh is almost finished and will be here on Thursday.
It's way easy.

 I will be unavailable from Friday until late night Sunday. 
Friday, this wonderful, handsome man (and good father) hits a huge milestone. 
(He turns 50!)
(look at my baby boy; he's gotten so big!)

Jerry's parents are funding a little trip to Branson for us. 
It's kind of a combo birthday trip for Jerry, Seth and Stephen all in one.
Plus, my best friend ever, Helen, will be meeting us there. 
I guess it's kind of a birthday trip for us too. We both have January birthdays.
It will be so good to see her again! 

She is an angel. I will tell you more about her when I get home. 

See ya Ahhhhll.....Thursday!

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Poor Stephen! Praying he feels better real soon!! Have a wonderful time in Branson! If you eat at Clockers cafe downtown and have a waitress named Mary, tell her that Marine who gave her a hard time and his wife says "Hello"! Another blogger went there soon after we were there and they ate there and told her what I said and she remembered us. ;o)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I hope Stephen is better soon - my he has had a tough bout! Enjoy your trip and safe traveling.

Christine M said...

I hope Stephen's feeling better soon. Happy birthday to Jerry! Enjoy your weekend with family and friends.

Pat said...

Have a lovely time, Tonya - and happy birthday to Jerry! xx

Stray Stitches said...

Poor Stephen! I hope he is better soon so that both of you can get the sleep you need. The charity quilt is looking great!

Fiona said...

Lots happening... safe travels.. have a lovely time... and happy birthday Jerry....the 50's are wonderful
Hugz

Patty@Granma's said...

OhOh the big five-0 - I remember it so well...
Hope you have a great time celebrating.
And tell Stephen I will send him a BIG hug!

Belinda said...

What a wonderful trip you have planned! I hope it's everything you and Jerry wish. And hopefully, Stephen will be all better and will enjoy it too!!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Hope Stephen is feeling better soon... Happy Birthday to Jerry!
The Heart Quilt is looking great!
Have a better day tomorrow! Have a wonderful weekend too!

Michelle said...

Poor Stephan... hope he's feeling better real soon!
Enjoy your weekend away it sounds like fun!

sweetybird09 said...

My prayers for your Stephen to feel better soon, and I also hope that you have a great time away, hey I am close in age to your husband I am 51, oh and my husband will be he big 50 in May of 2012