to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A month of Sewing (I hope!)

As most of you know, my DH works two jobs so that I can stay home and hang out with the toddler person all day. This coming month, for some reason or other, they didn't need him much at his second job and he's only working 2 days. So I've declared November to be a Month of Sewing! I am not setting my standard too high. I will make a list over on the side wall of things I want/need to get done...but the little short guy thinks that he has to be attached to mom 24/7 even if Daddy is around to play with him..so we will see how far I get on that list. Cross your fingers for me! (I'll get to the list later today.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I finally have the final blocks in for the heart charity quilt. Kat chimed in when I posted something about it in the Carol Doak Quilt Group. She sent these four beautiful blocks.

 I will need to count, but there are only a few left for me to make. I have been saving some scraps just for hearts so I am anxious to get to them. It will be on my list!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of months ago I went to one of my LQS' and I just could not resist purchasing two fat quarters. I just fell in love and wanted to buy so many more!


Well, if you remember,  Snoodles over at Lily Pad Quilting,
hosted a huge destash event. I sent some fabric on over, and was entered into a drawing for more fabric. (can't beat that, can ya?). When my envelope arrived I had to jump up and down, because it was 3 fat quarters from the same line of fabric as above!!

This will make the cutest little quilt ever--although I have no design in mind yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husbands family is not the best at communicating. We knew his nephew's wife was expecting, but had no idea when or whether boy or girl. Well, what a surprise when photos arrived in my inbox!

She's adorable! Since Hubby was working the second job that day in Hamilton, Mo, I had him stop in Missouri Star Quilt Co and grab me a charm pack and a yard of matching fabric. They did the choosing for him, and chose "Baby Talk".

I am going to adapt my May for Me quilt design. I am going to make it just a bit larger by adding a block to each row. I am excited to show you what I am putting where the embroidery squares were. This quilt gets top priority!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr and Mrs Craft are dear friends of mine that I have met through blog land. They live in an RV and travel between their winter and summer jobs. Their Etsy stores are a big part of their income. (Often Jerry and I have wished that we could follow in their footsteps. Just sell everything and travel. But it is not as easy as it sounds!) Anyway, they are at their winter destination now and are hosting a blog hop to kick off their winter season. Join in if you would like and meet some new blog friends! The linky will be below if I can figure out how to do it right :)



5 comments:

Snoodles said...

Oh how wonderful! I think that is the coolest, that the fabric Julie sent matched what you had! Teehee!
Love seeing all of your projects - got my fingers crossed for you. Thanks for the shout-out, too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh - I think I have that or something similar! Or maybe I put it in the Traveling Stash - will have to look. I will have to visit the blogs in the hop - yes love their life style, but I don't think I could do the travel in an RV.

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

The travel in the RV can be a lot of fun... There something free in being able to change your office view...
Tonya - congrats on the baby - She is so cute with all that pink (hip look too - maybe a future model)...
LOVE the Christmas fabric - the best part about my job is picking out the fabrics.... And this time of year all the new styles out - wow

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Cool on the Hearts! Cool on the fabric that matches! and Cool NEW baby!
And I love that Mr. and Mrs. Craft RV are doing the linky thing too! Love it!

Kelli said...

Oh what a sweet little baby girl! Love the fabrics, and the heart blocks are great! :o)