to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mabry--Finally!

A few days ago, I texted Linda that I was going to work on Mabry, so she sat down and worked on them at the same time. We both got the exact same two blocks done before we both got interrupted by life. A few days later I did a few more blocks. Here are the rest of the "E" blocks:

(I am not near my paper right now that says which block is which, but if you are sewing them, then you will know.)

Attach them to each other, and then onto your water wheel row.

At this point you have to attach some of the other rows that you made previously.
Attach the long narrow row across the top like this:

And now attach the side row that has the rest of the fence on it.
It will look something like this:

Now to finish the row.
Sew up these three:

And then sew them all together like this:

Then sew these three:

And sew them all together:

Finally, finish up the "E" Row

After you jump and scream and holler that you are done with the E's,
you can move on the the 'F' row.
Do not attach the E's to the top yet. It will be better to attach them to the F's first.



17 comments:

Christine M said...

It's looking fantastic Tonya. I love the water wheel!

Kylie Lloyd said...

very nice Tonya. It will look amazing when you have finished.

Oh and I've managed to cut my 96 papers from my size hexagons this week. Fabric is also cut and ready for basting. I'm having heaps of fun with the Ahhh Hexies. I love seeing the different patterns.

Kelli said...

That looks like fun! Beautiful!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, ah, oh, ah,,,,,, THis looks like a painting now!

Jill@northstarquilting said...

Oh my gosh, it looks amazing! It's really coming together. It's going to beautiful and well worth the effort.

Pat said...

Painting is easier! No titchy fiddly bits.. I do admire your patience, Tonya xx

Linda said...

Yay! So cool! I love how yours is turning out! Can't wait to finish mine! Life is so stinking busy right now! I might steal some minutes for me tomorrow and work on this! Can't wait to finish it :)

Stray Stitches said...

Oh my goodness! It's looking absolutely amazing, Tonya!!

Snoodles said...

Bravo!! Dare I ask for an encore?! LOL This is incredible....looking like an oil painting!

TheBeasKnees said...

Tonya, this is great! We had family visit the mill about a month ago and your quilt looks just like their pictures! Wow, great work!

Heather said...

I'm SEW glad you got to work on it! It's coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it finished! :)

Lynda said...

Amazing! Love the waterwheel.

Linda said...

Oh, that's going to be beautiful!

Fiona said...

looking just awesome...
Hugz

Angie said...

Looking GOOD!!

Belinda said...

This looks great Tonya! Can't wait to see it finished!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

That is so cool! WOW! I am so glad you found time to finish it! YES!