to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, October 10, 2011

Taunting me...always taunting...


Imagine this piece of cake is just within your reach...but you can't touch it.
(Or if you don't like chocolate imagine ice cream or something.)

This particular piece of cake never goes old. 
I just sits there, day after day, after day...begging you to take a bite.
Taunting you with it's lusciousness.

Every once in a while you get a crumb. Just a crumb.
Then it stares you in the face some more.
Day after day after day.

Sigh.
This is how I feel about all my pretty fabric, and all those patterns, and all those projects just waiting on me.
That Mabry post from Saturday was actually written over two weeks ago. I just edited it to fit the occasion.
I haven't touched my machine in over a week.

I do have some things to share...
but I sure wish I could get a big HUGE bite instead of little nibbles of sewing time.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

there is so much to be done isn't there... that food looks so tempting too!!!
Hugz

Pat said...

Wishing the same for you too, Tonya. Fingers crossed it happens soon xx

rosie said...

You know things will work out Tonya... I can just feel it!!!

Jindi's Cottage said...

All those little bites add up....keep nibbling...

Michelle May (Shell) said...

It's always how it is with creative people. Keep nibbling.
xx, shell

Vroomans' Quilts said...

As with the others, keep nibbling - the tasty part will be on it's way.

Stray Stitches said...

I fully understand the feeling. My 'to do' pile is getting bigger and bigger. I can actually hear some of them whispering "She'll never get to us".

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I know the feeling!

Patty@Granma's said...

Knew a lad once who did things by the clock: twenty minutes to clean the kitchen, one hour run in the park, thirty minutes for ironing shirts, etc. Would of drove me crazy, but I have to admit he got a lot done... Even set a timer on phone calls - you'd here this buzz in the background and he'd say, 'oops my times up - gotta go!'

Snoodles said...

I'm right there with you! Hmmm, that timer sounds like a plan!

Belinda said...

Oh mercy! That timer would send me over the edge in a hurry. LOL!
Thinking of you Tonya and saying prayers for time to indulge. ;)