to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stephen's Farm Adventure

Did you know that I am getting to be a big boy? I'll be two at Christmas.
Big boys should really be able to explore the world. Like go see farms. 
 I told Mommy and Daddy that I would really like to see one before I die of old age;
so Mommy and Daddy took me to the DeAnna Rose Children's Farm. 

The very firstest thing that I got to do was feed the ducks.

'Course that HAD to come first. I love ducks. I have a favorite duck named Ducky. 
He goes lots of places with me, but I didn't take him to the farm cuz I thought he might try to swim with the other ducks and I would miss him if he did that. 
This big duck liked taking the food right out of my hand:


While I was feeding the ducks, I smelled something a little strange. 
It wasn't bad smellin' cuz little boys don't mind farm smells.
When I went to investigate where the smell was coming from, look what I saw:

I wanted to squish my piggie toes in the mud with those piggies. 
Daddy wouldn't let me though. 
Course Daddy had something else planned that was fun.
We found these little goats and I got to feed them:

Then we went to see the big goats. 
Daddy had to help me feed them. They sure were funny jumping up on us like that. 
Daddy learned that squished goat manure shows up really good on black jeans.
Mommy and I giggled about that!

When I was feeding the goats, I saw some really big horses.

They were so pretty, I just had to run over there and pet them. 
Cept I got to do something betterer than that!
I got to jump on the hay wagon.

And the horsies pulled the wagon all around for us.
It was kind of bumpy, but little boys have squishy backsides so I didn't mind.


It was such a fun ride, that afterwards I tried to give the nice horsies a treat. 
They didn't like my M & M's. 
Isn't that strange?

After we left the horses, we went to see the bunny.
It was a pretty bunny but not as pretty as my other bunny friends, Sir Harrington and Lady Hannah. 
They live a long ways away and I only get to see them on the computer, so I was glad to see a bunny for real.

All this farm animal looking made us have to take a break and go to the little boys room.
I didn't mind that at all because I got to see a Jack---oops Mommy said I can't say that word.
I really don't know why though cuz it is in the Bible. 
Oh, well, I got to see a Donkey! 

Did you know that home school Mommies always find school work to do no matter where we are?
I had to sit down and do some math calculations before she would let me see the cows.

Mommy, can I go see the cows now?
I wanna milk one.

The milking cow was out of order.
I didn't know that milking cows could be out of order, did you?
I wonder if the store will run out of milk now?

The baby cow was too far away, and wouldn't come up and let me pet it.
I decided that I guess I'd better forget about the cows and go find some tractors.
I am sure there are fields that need plowed or something!
I started with this red tractor:

See how well I cleared the field? It's smooth as concrete.
But a little boy can't be happy on a red tractor.
I had to go find me a John Deere.

That is much better, see my smile?
Well I gotta go work some more fields.
Maybe I'll find a pumpkin patch or something.
See ya later!

20 comments:

B-Z-Quilting said...

I love Stephen's adventures!!! His posts make me really miss my children being little. Give that baby an extra hug from Kentucky tonight!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Stephen, what a fun adventure. So many animals you got to meet and feed. And a ride on a wagon and tractors - WOW!!

Snoodles said...

Stephen, what a wonderful adventure! Such fun, and so many different animals...You would love it here on our farm; there is a big orange and red tractor to ride, and a mountain to hike, and several creeks to play in. If you wade around in one, you might find a pocket knife that was lost years ago! I love to see the pictures and hear about your adventures!

Michelle said...

Every little boy should have farmyard adventures little girls too for that matter!

jill said...

What a fantastic adventure for a sweet little boy.

Christine M said...

Looks like you had a great day out Stephen. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Belinda said...

Well, of course you needed the green tractor! Everyone knows that!Sounds like you and your Mommy and Daddy had a great day Stephen. It's nice of you to include them in your adventures.

Sara G said...

Stephen, What a great time you had and so happy to see your pictures! I like all the animals. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the horses. Thanks for sharing with us. Don't work too hard on those fields! Until next time...

Jill@northstarquilting said...

I am very jealous of your fun day out. Those baby goats are the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.

Pat said...

Fabulous adventure, Stephen.
I love those horses - and glad you got to eat all your M&Ms yourself!

QuiltSue said...

That was a wonderful adventure Stephen. i bet Mummy and Daddy enjoyed it too? I really think you should take them on more adventures like that and then write about them for us all to read.

Wilma NC said...

I'm telling ya. That post right there would make a really cool children's book. Stephen Goes to a Farm. Hilarious!!

Lynda said...

Ooooo Stephen, looks like you had a fun adventure on the farm. Riding a tractor looks like fun too.

krisgray said...

LOL! What a great time. Too bad you couldn't get your piggies all muddy!!

Angie said...

Stephen you were at one of my favorite places!

I'm so glad you had a good time!

Oh and one of those big goats ate the hair bow right out of my princesses hair one time.
They aren't are favorite's anymore.

Mariliz said...

What a fun day!!!! Thanks for sharing it.

rosie said...

Dear Stephen, tell mummy that she must write a childrens book...Then, when she comes to Australia as a famous author, she can visit our farm with you!!!

Wanda said...

Wow, I'm glad you got to go to a farm and have an adventure. I know you worked hard on your tractors. And daddy was a big help too it seems. Keep up the good work there kiddo.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Vic said...

How cute are those little tractors! Almost adorable as the wee man himself. Looks like a fabulous day.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I love the adventures of Stephen. This is so cool that he will have it to look back at someday! Great tractors to ride!