to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

She held my hand...

...yes, that sweet little Mennonite girl did. Again. She even remembered me from the last time, over a year ago.

I now am missing one more tooth, and I don't mind a bit. At only $40--I wish they would just pull them all. Poor young Mennonite girl's hand would be swollen and black and blue with me squeezing it so hard all that time!

I told her about you guys. She was just thrilled to bits that I talked about her on my blog. I think I'd like to move to Jamesport and open a shop. Add that to the dream list.

The house is showing my failure to rise to the occasion even under pain and swelling. (I am a baby about tooth aches. I admit it!) And Seth is stressing about my lack of being a good teacher this week.

So, alas! I cannot work on the mystery quilt solution and show you the options until later...at which time the REAL solution will probably come out. I wish I could 'steal' some of the photos of the other ladies to share with you. It is amazing to see all the different solutions people have come up with.

Please have patience with me. I have to catch up on blogs since last Friday I think! But I'll get there.

Laundry, school, dishes, school, bathrooms, school...are all calling.....

OH, I forgot to tell you...Walmart had Eggnog! Yes it did! Since I am on a soft diet, I figured it was a necessity. Thank goodness Seth loves Eggnog as much as I or it would all be in my hips right now. Do you love eggnog?

11 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Oh dear. The only teeth I've ever had pulled (knock on wood during prayer to God), are my wisdom teeth. Guess that shows! LOL I know of the aggravation with false teeth, I hope I never need to have them.

krisgray said...

Oh - so sorry about your toothache! When you're head tooth hurts it's hard to get anything done, for sure.

We love eggnog but it's too sweet for me, I have to weaken it with a bit of milk and then strengthen it with a bit of rum - lol. Guess that makes it last a bit longer

Belinda said...

Eggnog is just too sweet for me. I know! Can you believe there is something too sweet for this sugarholic??

Pulled teeth are nothing to mess around with girlie. Take it easy.

Stray Stitches said...

I hope all of your pain disappears quickly. Love egg nog!!!

sweetybird09 said...

I pray for you to get some relief for that tooth pain, that Mennonite girl sounds cute...I have never met a Mennonite person I bet its fun, like meeting the Amish I would think :)

My husband loves egg nog,what I love is egg nog ice cream that is really great, I am a fan of peppermint ice cream also...

Take care

Fiona said...

Take care of you .....
Hugz

Patty@Granma's said...

I've had 5 teeth pulled and I'll take that anyday over crowns! I have two and they have given me fits for years.
Egg Nog = scrum-diddly-umptious! But not the store bought kind. Make my own so I can control the contents ;-D

Sharon said...

Hey, take your time. We bloggers know what it's like to get behind and we'll all still be around waiting.
Nope, I don't like eggnog, but Hubby loves it. In fact, I try to keep to a dairy free diet since I found out it was the cause of many of my sinus infections and my rosacea has mostly cleared up too! Enjoy your eggnog!!

Heather said...

I actually don't particularly care for eggnog. I guess that's one way we aren't alike. LOL
Take it easy & get better quickly!

Pat said...

omigosh, you certainly have been through the mill :(
Wish you better hon.

and eggnog, nope, I can't eat eggs..can't keep them down :(

Pokey said...

Take care of yourself, I'm sorry to hear you are suffering! I'd come and share a mug of egg nog with you. We add milk to make it last longer!
:-}pokey