to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Quilters don't shave their legs!

I am serious. They don't. Just look at yesterday's comments. Hey, fine by me!

I have all the blocks to the mystery quilt finished and we are supposed to be shuffling them around, seeing if we can solve it. But I decided it would be more fun to have an abscessed tooth, complete with a very swollen face. I am all looped out on Tylenol 3 right now. Gotta love that Codeine stuff. I am a bit bummed that it is so bad that I am going to have to go have it pulled tonight. I wanted to wait until Saturday so that I could do some shopping at the Amish stores.

I really don't feel up to crawling around on the floor to work on the mystery design. I would use Old Frog Eyes (the virtual design wall...see my side bar ---->>), but I don't think it will work with blocks of all different funky sizes. I don't have a fancy computer quilt program either...so I will craw around after my mouth stops throbbing later this week.

One thing that I can share with you, Linda from Stray Stitches sent these heart blocks forever ago for the charity quilt

And when she blogged about it, Kris from Lavender Quilts wanted to jump on the band wagon, 
so she sent a whole pile of them ( 7 or 8 I think. Remember I am all looped out right now!), and they look like this:

The photo doesn't do that border justice. It is actually a deep purple that she hand dyed herself.
She sent some of the purple along, as well as a beautiful green that she hand dyed:

The other day in the mystery quilt room (or whatever it is called, there goes the fuzzy brain again!),
there were people asking what to do with the scraps from their mystery quilt. 
Well, of course, I took that opportunity to share about a certain paper pieced heart charity quilt.
More blocks are on the way! 

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You had me at the title - take care of yourself dear friend.

Angie said...

Feel better!

Stray Stitches said...

I sure hope you feel better after getting the nasty tooth pulled. So glad that I was able to help with your charity quilt.

Sharon said...

Praying you feel better soon!

Heather said...

What must our men think of us? All walking around with harry legs. LOL

I hope the tooth comes out easily & you heal quickly & can get back to crawling around on the floor laying out quilt patterns. :)

Snoodles said...

You mean I'm expected to do all the things on my list, AND shave my legs? LOL Hope you are feeling much better soon!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Some of us shave our legs just during the summer months! Great title!
Glad you got more hearts!
Hope you are feeling better soon - tooth aches are not fun!

jill said...

Tonya. You take care of yourself! Mend quicklt!