to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mystery # 3

I got some time to sew today...it was so nice! I usually nap with Stephen but today I was full of energy and anxious to work on my Carol Doak Mystery Quilt. Clue # 3 and # 4 have been out for a bit but I fell behind when we all got the stomach flu, and then there were more important things to catch up on first. (SHOCK--there are more important things than quilting, isn't it sad??)

Clue number three instructed that we make 16 of this block. It is similar to the first two--only it is 3" rather than 6"--and the colors are a bit different.


After making 16 of these, we were to join half of them into two block sets like this:

And here is clue number 3 all done per instructions:

Now, it is a bit before 9 p.m....little one is just now asleep.
Hubby isn't home til 11:30 p.m.
Teenage son is gone til tomorrow (at which time starts another ten days of vigorous lessons and little sewing).
Clue # 4 awaits...
but so does a huge pile of dishes as I made up several meals tonight.

Which would you do??

11 comments:

Wanda said...

I would alternate between the two. Some dishes, then some sewing and knowing me I would forget about the dishes at that point. LOL

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Sherry said...

I like Wanda's idea, a little dishes, a little sewing. That is how things have been going at my house tonight. I am working on the redwork embroidery for the Christmas quilt I won the pattern for. I was going to go back and take a look at yours. Have a great week.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I really hate to dishes - I get them started and do a little at a time while I mix in another little project. Love your mystery blocks.

Kelli said...

I would rather sew and hope the dish fairy comes when I'm sleeping. ha!

sweetybird09 said...

Well the ladies above have said what I would, sew and dishes, just take this time to be able to sew some while you can...

That mystery quilt looks fun

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Cool block! Glad you got to sew! Yippee!

Pat said...

You're still not well if you think there's more important stuff than quilting :lol:

Get the dishes out of the way first - then you can relax and sew without having to give them a second thought!

Belinda said...

I would have to get the dishes done, or I would fret about them while I sewed, thus ruining the enjoyment!
I'm so glad you got some sewing done. Good for you!!

Stray Stitches said...

Love the blocks - the colors you are using are so pretty. Dirty dishes drive me nuts - I'd have to get them done and put away before I could sew.

Snoodles said...

I would have to wash 'em up first, then sit down to sew...but that's just me! Your blocks are gorgeous!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

I'm a total neat freak so I would do the dishes up really, really fast so I could sew without the guilt getting to me! hee,hee,hee.