to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mabry Mill EA-ED

I have been a bad internet friend the last few days--I need to email many of you back and I do have some other things to share with you here on the blog. Seth left this morning for a few days so I'll be catching up soon. In the meantime, here is next weeks Mabry Mill a couple of days early. I thought you would get a laugh out of this. Please note the update at the end before sending in the quilt police!!!!

I am not a perfectionist. After ripping apart this weeks blocks and resewing them 3 times, each being worse than the time before--I still claim to not be a perfectionist. In fact I like rickety water mills. Yea, that's it. It is more realistic because it must be old and rickety. Yep. And when you see Linda's sometime (she's a better seamstress than I) and when her water mill is more perfect...well, just remember I have to keep with the hillbilly theme.

And so we have it....
EA

EB



EC

ED


Now EA, EB, EC and ED all go together and then get attached to DZ from last week.
NOW DON'T LAUGH.
Well, ok, you can laugh. I am. 

It looks horrible!! 
Seriously, if my life were not so crazy I might take the time to try it all over again. But I don't have that kind of  time so it will  go on my wall in all of it's crooked glory. :)

UPDATE-- I couldn't stand it. I couldn't sleep. I ripped apart again. It looks so much better. You can see next week. It's too late to take photos. zzzzzzzzz

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Been there, done that - hope you get some rest.

Wanda said...

Tonya, I so relate. I have spent so much time on something and then started from scratch just because one seam is off. Hope you are doing better. Tell Steven I want to see more of his stories.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Snoodles said...

Loved Stephen's apple adventure! You gotta share your apple butter recipe, ya know! Oh, wait a minute, did you already do that when I was away?! LOL I am trying to catch up!

Pat said...

I knew you wouldn't stand it even before I got to the last sentence! Glad you finally got it done and went to sleep. *hugs*

QuiltSue said...

I'm not laughing. Been there, done that. I do know from experience though that it's better to unsew and redo cos you'll never be happy with it otherwise.

Jill@northstarquilting said...

Those pieces are so tiny! They would drive me insane. You are so patient but I bet it's going to be gorgeous in the end.

Belinda said...

There's no way I would try pieces that small. So, it's a good thing I didn't go along with this one. LOL!
But, I probably would have ripped it out as many times as it takes to get it right too. Did that on a top I made the other day. sewed the sleeves in three times before I was satisfied. Very frustrating isn't it?!

Stray Stitches said...

All of those pieces are so small. Your rickety mill can be next to my crooked tree - lol! Who knew that paper piecing could be so frustrating?