to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mabry Mill DW-DR

Each and every week I think we have finally done the smallest piece...and then they throw in a smaller one. Oh, and this week I was nice. Only four blocks to finish out the 'D's. 
This week I used a flower head pin as a photo reference for you.

DW
3 pieces

DX
5 pieces
(keep in mind that there is 1/4" seam allowance all the way around this tiny thing!

DY
7 pieces

DZ
12 pieces

Now sew DW, DX, and DY together but don't attach it to the earlier D's yet.

It looks wonky but that top piece just didn't want to lie day for the photo shoot. 

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great way to show the size with the pin. Wow, this is tiny! Enjoying watching the progress.

Snoodles said...

So teensy tiny! Whew! (Ya think a hammer might persuade it to lie down and behave? LOL)

Patty@Granma's said...

goodness, girl! the size of those pieces!?! And I thought charm squares were small.........

Fiona said...

... and I thought the little 'quilt' I did was fiddly.... you have redefined the term...
Hugz

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

The pin was a great idea for the comparison for size! WOW that is small! Looking great!