Friday, October 28, 2011

Good Grief!

A very long time ago I got to be a guest blogger over at Stash Manicure. I am not sure that she thought much of me at first, because I used an edited version of this as my opening photo. (I just showed the frazzled woman's head)

I was trying to be a bit silly off the top...but I've gotten much better at writing since then.
Unfortunately, I still think I must look like that photo most days.

Wednesday night I went to bake chicken for dinner.
Preheated the oven, cooked it for 45 minutes, cooked the veggies, got ready to take out the chicken...and it was gone! Somehow it managed to hop right back into the refrigerater where it was marinating nicely.
Husband thought that I might need some time away after that, so he sent me to the library. Alone!
Check out my pile of wonderfuls!

It's a huge pile of books to read for the book review blog and a ton of quilt books that I got out of the new book section.. I might even review the quilt books. Here or there? Not sure.

Anyway...I got home and Stephen was a complete bear, all stressed from mom being away from him. It took me quite a time to settle him down to sleep...somewhere around midnight.

He and I were up at normal time (6:15) yesterday morning. I went to make my husbands lunch and realized I'd left the pot of beans on all night. Ugh. 
Well, looking on the bright side, I was quite happy that I had some leftover chicken that I finally had managed to cook the night before....
only it was missing from the refrigerator. What in the world--again??!!Who keeps moving the chicken?

I found it in the cabinet--tucked not so happily inside the tupperware I had stored it in the night before.
Ok, I am pretty sure I've lost all sanity at this point.

Told my husband about it, and after we tossed the chicken and beans, we scraped something together for his lunch, and sent him on his merry little way. A couple of hours later I get an email telling me to have the boys ready...that all men and boys will leave me home alone for at least 2 hours that evening...he said because he thinks I need more of a break.

Ummm, I think I must have needed it too.

I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I did have two hours of complete silence and sanity. 
That was very nice! 
I don't recommend coming over for dinner. Cooking is not my thing. 



14 comments:

Christine M said...

Oh Tonya. You certainly made me chuckle. At least it's nice to know that other people have days like that too! How considerate of your husband to give you some "time out" with some peace and quiet. Just think, things can only get better from here on in! Hugs, Christine

Belinda said...

I think your husband was afraid you would do something really dangerous if you didn't get a little free time to clear your head!

Sarah Craig said...

Well, at least you found the chicken quickly - imagine if it had sat up there for a couple of days! Hope your days go better now!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How I laughed!!!!!!!! Hey, I have no one here to stress me and I do the same things - it's why I try to stay out of the kitchen. Remember to breath my friend!

Melissa said...

Hang in there. It is good you have a hubby who recognizes a way to help you clear your head! You should read Penny's post - you two may commiserate (http://littlepenpen.blogspot.com/2011/10/is-this-what-its-like.html)!

Pen Pen said...

Melissa sent me over; I feel you, girl!!! I'm having more and more days like this. I find the mayonnaise in the cabinet, the 409 in the fridge.... what is up with us?? We need a vacation!

Mariliz said...

Ha, you made me laugh! I sure hope you get some rest and relaxation soon.

Heather said...

LOL We all have days like these. :) You're not the only one! I hope you're getting a little bit of relaxing done today at least.

Patty@Granma's said...

Years ago, when life was tearing me apart, I decided to give up the unimportant stuff. So made a list, actually three of them: The things I absolutely HAVE to do, the things I NEED to do, and the things I WANT to do. Begin by crossing out the least important. The best lists only have five - seven things on them. Pick one from each list each day - do it - do it well - and save your the rest of your time for family and friends!

JuneBug, Milta and SnowPea said...

LOL you are such a hoot and a hollar girl!!
I love reading as you know - reviews are something I so depend on...
So what's for dinner tonight and what time should we be there - lol...

Personal note to the husband - you rock!!

Grace InAZ said...

LOL, it sounds like you should be on MY blog with those antics! I am your newest follower, thanks for the email. . I hope you’ll visit my bl♥g Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/. Hugs, GraceinAZ

Snoodles said...

What a sweetheart! Hope your quiet time helped....I do stuff like that, too, and I don't have a toddler. What's my excuse?! LOL

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

All I can say it LOL --- We have all been there and done that! You always make smile because you share real stuff!

Angie said...

I just laughed. I am sorry, but I did.

SO glad Hubby set you away and then took your boys! Every mommy needs some quiet time!!