to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Comfort Food

As many of you know, I have had the stomach flu for the past two days. My DD took off work on Monday to come help me--thank goodness for that because I am not sure how much more of Stephen's help I could handle. He did rearrange many things around the house for me...for which I am grateful. I think.

(NOTE--BAD PHOTOS. I AM FOREVER TAKING LATE NIGHT PHOTOS IN THE DARK AND THEY NEVER TURN OUT...BUT YOU'LL GET THE IDEA.)

I did find several comforting things to make me feel a bit better.
I spent some time listening to this WONDERFUL Cd that Angie sent to me. Angie and I go way back and I feel blessed that while we knew each other in high school, we call each other friends today.


Next came this book from Sew Cal Gal. I won it during the Pets On Quilts show. Darlene picked this out for me; knowing I would love that it has EPP, FPP, applique--many fun projects I will enjoy doing. I am not a scrap quilter so I think I'll have fun taking projects that were meant for scraps and making them 'my own' by using larger pieces of fabric.


Next up was this book from Sue. For those of you that don't know, Sue herself  wrote this and I am absolutely in love with it.(Plus it is signed to me...I know someone famous.!!)  I used my sick time to read the book from cover to cover. I love every quilt. Sue also gives quilting suggestions with each quilt. You will be hearing more from me in the future about this book!

Finally, My Sister sent a pile of pre-cut denim squares for doggie blankies. Inspiration to get back into the sewing room again. My poor TRex (the denim machine) must be feeling very neglected lately.

Thanks ladies for giving me some sick time comfort!

15 comments:

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Hope you are feeling better. Stomach flu is dreadful! Glad you got lots of things to inspire you.
xx,shell

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh not good that you have been poorly...I assume what you call stomach flu ? we call gastro...no fun at all...lovely giftees there to help you with the healing process...enjoy your new inspiration...and get better soon...hugs...

Linda said...

Hope you feel better soon! It's great to have all that new and fun reading material to keep your mind on other things. Those book look super fun!!

krisgray said...

Hope you are on the mend! That nasty ol' stomach flu sure doesn't mess around, it just knocks you right down. Good to hear that you had some inspirational goodies to keep your mind occupied.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think it is quilter's flue - so many reporting in under the weather. Great wins and comfort reads. Feel better soon - rest, rest, rest.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I should cut some more squares for the doggie quilt too... Maybe one day next week!
Take care of yourself and take it slow as you recuperate!

Christine M said...

Hope you're up and about soon Tonya. Good on Stephen for helping you (and DD as well)! What a good boy he is.

Fiona said...

hope all that lovely pressies made you feel much better.... and you get over it quick...
Hugz

rosie said...

I do hope you are feeling so much better now Tonya.. I guess every cloud has a silver lining, you got to do some good stuff too...

sweetybird09 said...

Tonya, sorry to hear you are sick, I sure hope that things are better by now!

Take it easy and rest!

Pat said...

So sorry you've been ill. Wish you better xx

QuiltSue said...

I hope you are on the road to recovery now? Thanks for the lovely words about the book too, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

T.O. Geezer said...

Micheal W. Smith is one of my wife's favorite singers. I hope you feel better soon.

God bless and have a Great Weekend! :-)

BTW, thanks for your recent comment on my "Don't Mess With Old People!" post. ~Ron

Heather said...

I hope you're feeling better! Glad you got the jean squares. :)

Snoodles said...

Sorry I have not been around lately...been busy with work. :( I sure hope that you are improving! I bet that Stephen and Seth have been taking good care of things for you!