to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Toes and stuff

I have heard just about everyone around the country say that they have crazy weather at some time or another. But I am telling you, it was 100 degrees on Saturday, and by Tuesday morning we woke up to 48 degrees. That is crazy. I am not a fan of winter but I am a fan of good hard freezes to kill poison ivy, ticks and and allergens. So if it is going to be chilly---come on and freeze already!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too much time to sew around here this week; although I will get some time on Thursday evening. I did manage to make a little blankie for a fur baby. I had my own little helper on my lap while making this one and I am surprised that we didn't get more out of 'the ditch' than we did when we ran a couple of quilting lines. My helper liked to push and pull on the fabric a lot. He had to get it just so.  The fur baby we made this for has gone through a bit of a tough time with all the East coast flooding; so she needed a special blankie. These may not be much, but they are fun to make and usually take less than an hour--a gift that I can actually accomplish getting finished!
 
My toes always make it into these shots. Silly toes.

Last week after being bummed about the pillow set, 
I decided to have a go at a fun pillow case. 
I FINALLY figured out a good way to use the 'smore fabric.
 There are some toes again. Good grief!
Anyway, this pillow case hopefully will bring some sweet dreams along with it.

--------------------------------------------------------

I have had more than one person ask how I am doing with all the medical stuff.
My shoulder really did get way better after that cortisone shot. I am amazed at the difference.
It is starting to hurt again now--but not bad. Nothing like before and very livable!

My knee is often stiff.  Sometimes it really bothers me and then I just don't take my walks.
Other times it just feels weird. I am not sure of a better way to describe it. 
Mostly I am just thankful to be walking and I will keep a close eye on that cyst from now on.

I did have a doc appointment but could not keep the appointment. Hopefully soon I can get in and have him look over my knee again. My husband and I have chatted that I might like a part time job; not only to help out at home but mainly to get me out of the house a bit. Then we both realized that working is quite impossible for me right now. Silly knee. 

My poison ivy is almost healed. I am trying my hardest to stay out of the woods. Stephen has horrible allergies so that keeps me from tromping around in poison ivy patches.
--------------------------------------------

Mabry Mill

 um.....I haven't sewn them yet. Check back another day. :)
At least Linda is behind too. We are in this boat together. 


13 comments:

The Tulip Patch said...

better to have your toes invade your shots than a big beer belly :) hahaha

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Poison Ivy is no fun. Glad you have learned your limitations - listen to those aches. Love the cute toes!

Pat said...

Cute doggie blanket. Missy loves hers.
Sorry to hear you still have limitations because of the knee, but glad the shoulder is still better than before the shot.
You take care
love
Pat xx

Belinda said...

I'm loving the s'mores pillow case! That is a winner for sure. And poison ivy??? Oh no. I only have to look at it closely to get it. Then I have to make a trip to the doctor for steroids to get rid of it. Highly allergic, dang it all. Makes it impossible to clear out scrub and unwanted things at the edge of my yard. :/

Hang in there with the knee and shoulder. Sounds like you are learning how to baby it enough to do some things you want. That's good.

Linda said...

Love the fur buddy blanky and super cute pillowcase. I see this pillowcase rolled up with the microwave s'mores recipe attached for the craft show! Maybe call it a slumber party favor or something like that :) Or a Stocking stuffer!
Oh Mabry Mill, how I miss thee!! I tried to sew some up last night but Girl called for a shopping trip and I just can't pass up the chance to be with her. lol I hope to get to it sometime today. I do have fam coming over tonight though so I have to straighten up a bit first. Darn it! lol
P.S. Love the toes in the pics. hahaha

Stray Stitches said...

You have made another cute furry baby quilt. I'm sure it will be well loved.
The pillow case would make anybody have sweet dreams :)
Take care of yourself - your family would be lost without you!

Mariliz said...

What a cute pillowcase. It makes me hungry. We too went from high to low temps, but it sure makes sleeping much more comfortable.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love the new doggie blanket! What about selling the doggie blankets for one of your craft items? I love your toes in the photo! Yes... like Tulip Patch said better than a beer belly! LOL!
And glad you are to be able to go to the next Dr.s appointment. Take care of yourself! That is important too!
What if you had a part time job at home? Making the doggie blankets. Just work two hours at night when your husband is home and only one hour of your personal sewing --- something like that! I suggested before we could put an item or two or three up on my website for sale for you! (a separate page) Let me know -- we could work out the details and try a few items! I love the idea of the doggie blankets. Toby and Gabby love theirs!
Enjoy your day!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love the new doggie blanket! What about selling the doggie blankets for one of your craft items? I love your toes in the photo! Yes... like Tulip Patch said better than a beer belly! LOL!
And glad you are to be able to go to the next Dr.s appointment. Take care of yourself! That is important too!
What if you had a part time job at home? Making the doggie blankets. Just work two hours at night when your husband is home and only one hour of your personal sewing --- something like that! I suggested before we could put an item or two or three up on my website for sale for you! (a separate page) Let me know -- we could work out the details and try a few items! I love the idea of the doggie blankets. Toby and Gabby love theirs!
Enjoy your day!

Heather said...

The smores pillow case is awesome! Now I bet you had more of that fabric. :)

I think the part time job is a nice thought but I would be begging for more sewing time. That technically is a part time job if you're sewing for craft shows. :)

Angie said...

Smore's pillow =adorable!!

Patty@Granma's said...

The pillowcase is super sweet!
I keep my toes out of pics by bending over at the waist - not a particularly attractive pose - and not for very long, but I have big, wide feet which really don't need to be in pictures!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh my gosh is that weather ever crazy!! Good grief!
I still love the fact that you make quilts for critters. It makes me smile soooooooooo very big!
Sending you lots of light, love and healing thoughts that you will feel better and better every day.
xx, shell