to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sir Harrington tries

I have this little blog friend. But, while he might be little, that doesn't stop Sir Harrington.
He is such a hard worker. He's always having to re-arrange things 
and take up the slack for his love, Lady Hannah, who has a bit of a lazy streak.
(photo borrowed from Shell's blog--Hannah is on the left, Harrington on the right).

Recently, Shell sent me some real hand quilting needles.
I have been using embroidery needles for my hand quilting...until I could get to the city for something better.
No need to go to the city now!

When Shell wasn't looking, Sir Harrington slipped me an extra surprise in the envelope.
Only poor Harrington forgot that it was over 100 degrees the day that it arrived in the mail.

Bless his heart, he tried!
Here's a look at the needles.

Not to worry, Sir Harrington!
I have my owl little helper around here.

All better!
Thank you everyone at The Raspberry Rabbit house!

---------------------------------------------------

Mabry Mill

Block CJ
7 pieces

CK
5 pieces

And all the blocks put together thus far:

The bottom row looks a tad off but the sides are even. It isn't bad...just on that red tree on the right.

Now you all have to tell me that it is looking beautiful,
because when I showed it to hubby he just laughed and then sarcastically told me how wonderful and beautiful it was. I have no idea why I show him my quilts. He does that almost every time. 
Note to self...show blog land your creations instead of your husband. Blog friends are MUCH more encouraging!

13 comments:

Christine M said...

Glad to see the chocolatey mess didn't go to waste! I've been lucky enough to receive some of Shell's chocolates and they were yummy! Your Mabry Mill is coming along nicely Tonya.

Angie said...

The bunny's are super cute and so is your quilt!!

I had no idea what it was going to look like, I wouldn't have guessed mountains and trees.
It's just beautiful.
You're one talented lady!

sweetybird09 said...

love the bunny story, that is too bad about the chocolates melting, but on the good side, those are great needles and that Mabry mill is to beautiful, and I would follow your note to self...dp not show your quilted things to your husband, what a meanie!

Belinda said...

I think your Mabry Mill is awesome!!! The bunnies are just too adorable, and SCORE on the needles. Too bad about the chocolate.

Linda said...

I love Shell and her bunny adventures with Hannah and Harrington. They are quite funny. So nice of them to send you those needles and goodies. I like Melted Chocolate, it is just as yummy ;)
Love the Mabry Mill progress. Looks great. I can't wait to see mine that far along. I'm getting there, just need that stinking brown. lol I am going shop for it today, I hope :)

Stray Stitches said...

Now those last blocks make sense! You Mabry Mill project is looking beautiful to me!!!
Sure glad that you were able to salvage the needles :)
Have a wonderful weekend, Tonya!

Fiona said...

Oooh choccy needles..... glad they have been licked clean by your helper... I do enjoy the rabbits....
have a great weekend...
Hugz

Heather said...

Aww, I love bunnies. I've had a couple over the years. :)

The mabry quilt is so beautiful! Seeing yours come together is making me want to do it now. :D

Snoodles said...

Hmmmm, do you need me (or maybe Sir Harrington) to whap him on the head? LOL Your Mabry Mill is absolutely awesome, girl! You inspire me! But not enough to try it. Grin.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Good thing you had help with the chocolate mess! I would hate to have seen you have to clean it up yourself!

I love the paper pieced quilt! I think is it looking great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful helper. Hey - it's a fall scene, so those trees would have some blendable coloring and I think they are just wonderful.

Kelli said...

Oh boy! Good thing you had someone to help you clean that up.. or you could have sent it to me.. I love chocolate! ;) I am liking the quilt!!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

LOL! Oh my gosh that chocolate sure did make a mess! Such a sweet helper to clean up the mess! hee,hee,hee. So cute!

I have power back! Yippee! Love your Marby Mill. Beautiful!

xx, shell