to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, September 19, 2011

Mabry DK-DP

Confession time. I still have not touched the sewing machine in over a week. But I was a week ahead on Mabry already. I knew that I might have a hard time getting to it so when I had a sewing day...I just worked on. Next weeks blocks are done and the post is already scheduled too (and has been since last weekend.) Hey, at least you are getting a blog post out of me in spite of my lack of sewing time! and Linda...no stressing. Just go at your own pace. There is no need to rush through to stay caught up to me. :)

The blocks get more and more tiny as we go along here! This week it was actually better to do six blocks, so here we go! Oh, in advance I must apologize. I really have trouble keeping these itty bitty blocks from being blurry on the camera.

One thing I have learned in this journey: I had some vellum on hand and decided to try it for my paper. Many people use it for FPP. When you are doing blocks this tiny, the numbers and colors are hard to see as it is. Even worse on vellum as it prints a bit blurry!

DK
2 pieces
 The top edge is a bit mussed up but will be hidden in the seam allowance. I like to use my itty bitty scraps up.

DL
9 pieces

This piece is so tiny that it is about the size of 3 pennies side by side.

DM
9 pieces

DN
5 pieces

DO
6 pieces

DP
6 pieces

Now blocks DK, DL, and DM can be pieced together.

My pudgy little fingers should give you a bit of size reference here.
Next piece blocks DN, DO and DP together.

And they all come together for a small little section with a whole lot of pieces in it!


9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Tiny, tiny!! Hope your days get sorted out.

Linda said...

Oh yeah super tiny is right! lol I'll catch up soon now that I am rockin' and rollin' with Girl's quilt :)

Angie said...

oh my goodness-those are so tiny! I can't imagine trying to see to sew them. . .then again I have a hard time anything ;)

Stray Stitches said...

Those certainly are some tiny, little pieces. Everything looks like it's coming together beautifully :)

Snoodles said...

Hooo-whee! Those are tiny pieces! I think I am glad now, that I didn't start this endeavor!

sweetybird09 said...

Great job Tonya! you are a great seamstress

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Your pieces looks great! I can't wait to see when it all comes together!

John'aLee said...

Oh my...you are tackling some eensy weensy work. Looks great!
Love your header on your blog.

Pat said...

My word, but that's tiny - and you must have some patience! xx