If you will do a search of 'ornament' over on my side bar in the search section you will find all the beautiful ornaments that I received last year. It is so fun opening packages from all over the world!
Something that was such a great success is worth doing again.
(And this time mine won't be made of paper!)
Here are the rules, look over them and let me know if you would like to join in.
There is a page up top created just for this event.
- You contact me. You may leave a comment on the blog , via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or on the facebook Great Holiday Ornament Exchange fanpage. In the comment, you need to tell me exactly how many you are interested in making/exchanging. The list of participants, where they are located and how many they are going to exchange will be on the Ornament Exchange page.
- We will do this penpal style. I will match you up with however many that you want to exchange. If you want to make 12 and exchange 12, then I will give you 12 names. Just because you 'get' a name, doesn't mean that they will 'get' you. It will all depend on entries, preferences, etc. I do need to know if you would prefer not to ship internationally.
- Make it simple!! You can make them as complex as you want but the whole idea is to have fun. You can use paper, wood, fabric...whatever! Just please make sure they are collector quality. You want the person receiving them to be able to cherish them!
- You are responsible for all shipping. We will have a ship date of December 1, 2011. Please keep in mind that overseas shipping can be expensive, so plan this when deciding how many you want to make.
- Include the family. Kids are welcome. This is a great way to teach them how to make something very special for someone else. Keep in mind kids will be involved. All ornaments must be family friendly/appropriate.