Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beginner surpasses teacher!

I have much to blog about but frankly I would rather sew tonight. Aren't I nice? I really do love blogging but I need to get some things done so all you get today is Mabry Mill.

Before I show you new blocks I need to show you Linda's progress. She is doing better than I am. Her red tree lines up! And she is the beginner here!

I love how she used the tape measure to show you how small this actually is. 
She took one of the back too:

Here are the rest of the blocks for the week:

DC 
5 pieces

At this point DA, DB and DC need to be sewn together:

DD
10 pieces

DE 
9 pieces

These two need to be joined together now as well:

Have a great weekend!
I am going to sew, sew, sew.
Well, probably not but I'll think about what I would like to sew anyway!
(and I will keep telling myself...slow down slow down slow down. I find that so hard to do anymore. It is like a race the minute I put the baby to sleep. But I need to slow down when I am sewing. Ugh!)

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You should be proud - she is doing a fabulous job as a beginner, this is not an easy piece. Yes, slow down. Take a walk around the room, read your e-mail, browse some blogs, breath.

Pat said...

I hope you get to sew, Tonya - and slow down, please! *hugs*

Fiona said...

That is awesome work...
Hugz

Linda said...

Tonya, you are super sweet! It is because I have an awesome teacher that I work at my best :) I can text or email you with all my questions/issues/panic moments (remember the panic text about the brown fabric, lol). I couldn't not do this without you!
Slowing down is a very good thing! It takes getting use to but it is best and you make less mistakes when you slow down :) I know I make a lot of mistakes when I am in a rush. Hang in there!

Stray Stitches said...

The student is learning from a wonderful teacher. I look forward to seeing both works of art when they are completed.

Jenn said...

I think it is extremely difficult for us (i.e. women) to slow down. When you think about all of the "have-to's" we have in our daily lives, the "want-to's" often get pushed to the bottom of the list. And, once we get to the bottom, we hurry to do them and forget to enjoy.

Snoodles said...

Tonya, my friend, when next you get Stephen to sleep, sit down right then and do one thing: take a nice, deep breath and let it out slowly. Repeat.
Now, take your time and enjoy the sewing!

Heather said...

I hope you enjoyed your sewing time! And didn't stay up too late. :) Both of the paper pieces are coming along so nice!

Superior Threads said...

I love your teaching project. It looks like a lot of fun.
Ricci