to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, August 26, 2011

Stephen's Sunday Outing

My mommy and me have this problem. My Nanny from Texas keeps writing and asking me to go on an Adventure. But there is only so much adventure one little boy can do when he is expected to work all day long. 


When I am not scrubbing floors, I am doing my school work.
Mommy says she is very impressed with how I hold my pencil.
Sure wish she would learn to take better photos:

Even though I work very hard during the week,
Mommy lets me take a break on Sundays.
Last Sunday we decided to go do some hiking in the woods, and maybe find another geocache or two.
Plus, my Bubba and Sissy and Coco were going to come along.
It is ALWAYS an adventure when Sissy comes.

Like this time. Momma told her we were gonna hike in the woods.
And look what she showed up wearing:

Does that stop my Sissy? No way, cuz she is cool!
She found the first cache even!

See it hidden there? 
Sis brought it out for all of us to look inside:

The next place we went was a school.
Leave it to mommy to make us go to school on the weekend!


Sissy said it looked like a Hillbilly school.
'Course you all know that I am a very good helper. 
I wanted to start right in fixing that roof!

One place that we went had these trolls. The cache was supposed to be under the bridge.
Ha Ha! The joke is on YOU!
The trolls stole the cache. Bubba and Sissy never found it either but they looked hard. 
See me giggling?

Bubba didn't think it was funny.

Sometimes when we go caching we run into wild animals and dangerous situations.
This cache had a snail right in the way and it made Mommy and Sissy get all silly and they wouldn't touch it. Bubba and I had to save the day.

Then, on these dangerous tracks Coco found a toad.
It was her turn to save the day.

When it was starting to get late, I helped my Sissy out by letting her carry me. 
I needed to make sure she wasn't too worn out to drive, you know.

'Course I could'a gone on forever.
Cept Momma said I had to go home and clean my dirty shoes.

I wonder if I work really hard again this week if mommy will let us have another adventure?

16 comments:

Fiona said...

I always love Stephens stories and adventures... please can he explain to me about a geocache......
Hugz

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well for a little boy who worked all week - you deserve a day of fun. I know what geocaching is, but that would make for a great post if you could explain this adventure.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow Stephen you certainly have good adventures...good thing Sissy & Bubba have you along to help them out...now would you help me? What is geochaching?

Pat said...

Cool adventure, Stephen.
What's a muddy shoe to an explorer? I bet Captain Scott didn't have his mom check his shoes and say "home" ! :)

sweetybird09 said...

This was so fun to read, I love the perspective of things from Stephens view...oh I have heard of geocaching, and I think it would be wonderful for you to explain so everyone knows what it means, I have not done it but heard of it years ago.

Thanks for this Stephen, and Sissy I love the shoes you showed up in...lol...

Wilma NC said...

Such a cute post!!!

Linda said...

Stephen, you have great taste in mop selections. I have the same one and it really does a good job! What a fun adventure with your family. You are lucky to have them all :)

Gene Black said...

Wow Stephen that is some serious school work. Are you mapping the doggie genome? I know that they finished the human genome project. I just didn't know anyone had started on animal genomes.

grays3lsd said...

Stephen, I just love how hard you work and the exciting adventures that you get to have with your family. You are one lucky little boy. Tell your mom I said hi!!!

Snoodles said...

Stephen, you are such a hard worker; I know that Mommie appreciates all your efforts. Your geo-caching adventure was awesome! I've heard of doing those, but I've never tried it! I will have to try it now - maybe I will find some snails and other exciting stuff! (I think you will have to post and explain what geocaching is, tho, since some of these quilty people don't know. Grin)
Always fun to hear from you!

Sharon said...

I love to read about your adventures, Stephen! You have such a sweet Mommy!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love Stephen's Adventures... boy oh boy he really has to work hard during the week! LOL My daughter dresses like your daughter for hikes too! They have to wear what is most comfortable to them not to us! Looks like you all had a delightful time!

Belinda said...

You know Stephen, geocaching never looked like fun to me until you wrote about your adventure. I may just have to try that with LMW sometime. Maybe you can write a tutorial on how it's done so we don't make any mistakes. :)

Angie said...

Looks like you had big fun Stephen!

KatieQ said...

I am very impressed with Stephen's pencil grip. I am a retired nursery school teacher and I know how difficult to achieve the tripod grip. Great fine motor control.

Of course, I am even more impressed with his housekeeping abilities.

Patty@Granma's said...

Stephen, I have a job for you!
I am sending your mom a mystery package.... the mystery is - who get's what?!?
And your job is to watch for the mail man!