to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, August 8, 2011

It's the Shampoo!

I just discovered this important info below. 
I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner!
 It's the shampoo I use in the shower!

When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and (duh!)
Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."

No wonder I was gaining weight!!!
 Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am now using Dawn dish soap instead.
 Its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

--------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that hilarious? A hiking friend sent that too me after I ran into her and was whining that I had gained so much weight in the last three years. I really don't think I shall lose any until this little guy gets to be around 8 or 10 years old. I love my babies but I am not a baby person. Does that make sense? Crying and fussing stresses me into eating!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so was that all TMI for a Monday?
(TMI stands for Too Much Information for you non texting type folk)
Well, I am sorry but it was on my mind.

You know...maybe I should just get into doing some "REPS".
I especially like the ones Sew Cal Gal told me about.
She told me that she took a FMQ class and the instructor said if she did a design 10 times, then she would 'have it'. I have been thinking about trying that out. Linda from Stray Stitches has been following a blog with all types of FMQ designs. I have added it to my want-to-learn list.

Anyway, back to Sew Cal Gal.
It is almost time for her Pets On Quilts Show.
Since I don't have a pet...I think I will just use the Missy Placemat.
(Ok with you, Pat?)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving right along---time for our Mabry Mill block of the day.
(And if you are all kind of getting bored with seeing this piece by piece, then just look on Friday's. That is the good day when I show entire rows. This week is all in purple!)

Block AF
11 pieces


10 comments:

Heather said...

Your Mabury piecing seems to be going quickly! (I think I might need to switch shampoos too.) ;)

Stray Stitches said...

LOL! I think I need to change to Dawn dish soap too! Thanks for starting my week with a chuckle.
I am enjoying watching your Mabry Mill process. Love the colors in today's block :)

Marcia Wachuta said...

I am going to switch to Dawn too! I need something to cut the fat!
Your paper pieced project is coming along great!
Enjoy your Monday!

krisgray said...

LOL! Great thought for a Monday morning.

sweetybird09 said...

That shampoo thing was really funny!!!!!

Great colors in the project today!

Jill@northstarquilting said...

I can't wait to see what this looks like when you start putting them together. It's like peeping at a scene through a letter box!

Patty@Granma's said...

So that's why my skin was looking so sick! ( I was using Suddenly Silver!)
And someone once said - stop showering altogether, everyone will stand a lot farther away - and you'll look thinner from a distance :-D

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the opening - you had me going!! The paper piecing is going well - Linda (Casa Boosa) is showing her progress too. I have something else in the works.

Christine M said...

I'd better go check the label on my shampoo. That could explain things!

Fiona said...

Looks like we all have a shampoo problem!!

Hugz