to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I love change!

There are some that hate change. My husband is probably the worst ever about hating change. Well, I would have to say his wee son is a close second. Good thing my other two kids went with the flow because I used to decide at night to go on a trip and wake them in the morning with the car packed and ready. A change of scenery is always nice! Or I would decide one day to move all the furniture in the entire house...and they would have to 'play along'. I don't do that anymore. I think Jerry thinks I am crazy enough...best not do that to him too!

I really don't have anything that I am changing now. My house needs a change. Ugh it is so ugly! Hopefully soon.

 You just got a rant about change for nothing. That is what happens when one types a blog at 2:21 a.m.

 Oh, wait, I did decide to change my mind about the Mabry Mill blocks for this week. I was going to do 11 blocks this week (another full row)--but after working on the next set,(they are not on the easy side to say the least!) I decided that it is just too much for Linda. So now, I will change my mind back just for her.

Today she sent me a photo of her progress thus far. I love the colors that she has chosen:

Don't you think she has done a great job for her first ever paper pieced quilt?

No new blocks today, since I showed you two yesterday. We will give Linda a chance to catch up :)


10 comments:

Fiona said...

So it sounds like you are getting yourself prepared for a change of some sort? The Mobry Mill blocks of Linda's are looking great...
Hugz

QuiltSue said...

Yes, my DH is like that about change too. Perhaps it's a man-thing?

The blocks look good,I love the reddish-brownish fabric Linda's used.

sweetybird09 said...

Very pretty, what Linda has done, and most people do not like change, but I am with you on the furniture moving part, love that kind of change, my DH goes along with me so its good!!!!

Have a great day!

Pat said...

Morning Tonya. How nice of you to wait for Linda - who has done a great job so far!

A car packed and ready to go on a trip? That would be a lovely change.. I'd be grinning from ear to ear! :)

Angie said...

You make me laugh.

Linda said...

A little Change is good sometimes. The big one's I'm not fond of, for example, my baby girl is moving to college on Thurs. I am HATING that change :(
Tonya, you are too sweet. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blocks. I love how it's turning out. I will try to catch up quickly. It's been slow going for me as I have had little time to sew with all that has been going on in my neck of the woods lately. I will have helped 3 people (1 mother-inl-law, 1 sister and 1 daughter) move by this weekend. Ugh And I have a guest sleeping in my craft room so I have to wait for the princess sleeping there to wake up for me to sew. See now I'm ranting. lol It's good for the soul :)

Belinda said...

Hey Linda! Good job. Love how it's coming along.

Tonya, I LOVE change too. I'm always moving things around and rearranging. But Mr. B Lines is not a fan of change either. I think most men aren't. When we moved 10 years ago, it was so traumatic to him, he lost about 20 pounds. Couldn't eat or sleep. I hope if we ever have to move again, he will take it better. LOL!

Stray Stitches said...

I had a friend that changed the furniture around all of the time. Her husband kept a flashlight by the bed so that he wouldn't run into the furniture in the middle of the night - lol!
Linda is doing a great job!

Heather said...

I love to change furniture around too! Right now I'm stuck with just being able to do that in my sewing room but that's better then nothing. I'm not too good about being spontaneous with traveling though. I should work on that!

Linda's paper piecing is beautiful! Great job for the first time! :)

Patty@Granma's said...

My father was always changing jobs! We moved, according to my mother, 19 times from the time I was born to when I started school. Then mom set her foot down, so we stayed in the same town, just moved house 2 or 3 times a school year, and moved to a new town at the end of the school term. No, the women in my family are NOT fond of change!
Lookin' good Linda. I'm impressed...
OH! and I don't move furniture either. maybe once every five or ten years ;O