Monday, August 29, 2011

I bet you never got PT rolls in the mail

My husband is completely jealous.
Each and every week you all just keep blessing me with surprises. 
When Marcia sent me her hearts for the charity quilt, she loaded the box with extra surprises.

Quilt note cards--I love to enclose these with each quilt that I make. They are so fun!
You can find all the designs Right Here.

Next....1) Pattern--I have been wanting to try this pattern. It especially interests me for quick easy charity quilts. I am anxious to try it with different colors...one in blues another in green, etc. I love color play!

2) Charm pack--Marcia is a long arm quilter and she makes up these so that you have a selection of what fabrics she carries for quilt backings. Of course the fabrics can be used for anything...not just backing.
I love having the rainbow. I might be ordering a couple more of these Marcia. At $4.00-- they are too fun for EPP.

3) Batting--for my Mabry Mill quilt. It is Hobbs 80/20 (I think) and I've been wanting to try that. I never have  tried Hobbs batting before. 

Before I show you the next gift she sent I need to show you my poor old pin cushions.
This one has been leaking sawdust everywhere for a good year now:

And this one got dropped and broke. It really looks like just a couple of magnets but it used to be a magnetic pin holder. I don't like using this because you are not supposed to have magnets around computers--computerized machines, etc.

Problem solved thanks to Marcia!

(If you remember, it made it's appearance last week on some Mabry Mill photos. It is being used!)
The bottom of the box was filled with so much fun, are you ready for this?

Oh, YES! Empty paper towel rolls. I was so excited!!
Why?  See HERE.
No one has sent me TP or PT rolls before. 
Too too cool!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mabry Mill

Block CG
7 pieces

Block CH
9 pieces

And the two added together:



11 comments:

Kelli said...

Fun mail! :) I headed over to your other post about TP/PT rolls. Genius. Just pure genius!

Pat said...

Isn't it lovely receiving such wonderful parcels ?

Love the new pincushion :)

Fiona said...

Such lovely mail to get... I do love the TP roll storage system... I loved it when I saw it first and I still love it now....
Hugz

Linda said...

It's always super fun to get packages! I saw Marcia's little charm squares and I think I will order some too. They look super cool to play with :) Enjoy your box of goodies!

Belinda said...

That Marcia....always thinking of others. Congratulations on your windfall!

Stray Stitches said...

What great mail you received!
The Mabry Mill piecing is so fun to watch. I'm so looking forward to seeing everything put together :)

Snoodles said...

What a fun box to go through! Have a good time putting some fabric on your rolls! How many hearts do you have now for the quilt?

Barb said...

Lots of fun goodies...and what you do with the rolls is just awesome!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

You are so kind... that's why we all share with you! So glad you like all the goodies -- I knew you would! Thanks for the mentions and links! I so appreciate it!
Great progress on your paper piecing - Love seeing all the sections...wish I could have joined in on the fun!
Enjoy your day!

Angie said...

Nothing like getting some good mail.
So, glad you had something to brighten your day!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

I have some her cards and the email that went with it - she gave me some GREAT advice...

Evielynne