to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, July 4, 2011

Stephen's Silver Dollar City Adventure

Even though I told you about riding on the Duck's with my Nanny, I never told you about the whole adventure! So today I will.

First I got out my own suitcase.
Here I am all packed and ready to go with my suitcase on my back.
Mommy made me put on pants before the trip though. 
Mommies just don't get the idea of roughin' it I guess.

This is the big mouse. 
We visit him every time we drive down thataway. 

The big mouse is at Osceola Cheese Store.
They make cheese, of course.
They have every kind of cheese you can think of. Even chocolate cheese!
 They also have beef sticks and all kinds of snack mixes.
My daddy always buys pork rinds. 
And we always have to buy Sissy some Peach Nehi soda pop.
It is Um' Good!

After we eat all kinds of yummy things in Osceola,
we head back down the road to our favorite campground.
Last time we went, my Nanny and Pop met us there.
I hadn't seen them in a whole year! 


The campground was having a fiddler convention, so we heard lots of great music!

Course no one really appreciated good talent,
cuz they kept not stopping me from getting in there are really pickin some tunes!
I had to settle for toe tappin' at the most.

We did go into Silver Dollar City too.
Once Mommy made us ride a really stupid ride.
It was this mine that had all these prisoners and was getting all flooded in there.


The ride was just a lot of hard work for me. 
I had to take turns keeping mommy and daddy safe from those prisoners.
I did a good job of it though.


Do you know my Nanny and Pop?
If you do, then you know that they are really good about buying lots of fun things!
They bought me a horse. (Ohhhh, mom, you need to get a picture of me riding my horse someday.)
And they bought me a tent. I wanted my tent set up right then and there.
Daddy tried to do it. He said it was the craziest tent he'd ever seen, 
cuz he had to crawl inside to set it up.

He was not doing a very good job of it. I tried my hardest to help.
See my Pop's big foot? 
Hey, Pop, next time move your big foot if you don't want it in the picture for all the world to see!

Good grief, if you want something done right, 
you gotta just do it yourself. 
So I just climbed in and helped Daddy out on this one!
He says I am always very helpful. 
I know it. 

We sure had lots of fun on our trip to Silver Dollar City.
I am ready to go back.
Pop and me need to eat some of that good food!

And brother and me need to do some bike racin.
'Course everyone knows I am the fastest!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Stephen, you are such a good boy keeping mom and dad safe on that ride and helping build the tent!

Mariliz said...

What a fun adventure! The pictures of the tent are funny, glad you finally got it put together!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh what a laugh - now that is a tent!! SUch a little helper!

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

What a great set of pictures putting the tent up... Stephen... wonderful adventures and story telling...
Hugz

Christine M said...

Looks like you had a great time Stephen!

Snoodles said...

Stephen....love your style, dude! Gotta love a guy that can fight off bad guys, put up a tent, and win the bike races, too! You make sure you post again soon - we love readin about your adventures!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Pat said...

What a great adventure! I can see you are the best helper anyone could wish for! xx

Marcia Wachuta said...

Looks like you had a great adventure Stephen! Thanks for sharing all the photos!