to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stephen's Big Lake Adventure!

Once upon a time it got really really hot!
So, I asked Mommy and Daddy if we could go swimming in the lake.

Lake swimming is just my kind of swimming cuz it's dirty and murky and yucky. 

Mommy saw lots of bugs at the edge of the lake.
She wasn't too thrilled but I thought it was cool!

You know, when you are swimming at the lake you can get away with fun things that parents usually yell at ya for. Like putting muddy sand all over daddy.

Daddy bought be a boat for my lake swimmin' adventures.
Sometimes I just liked to dive right in!
Well, actually, I should tell the truth and the truth is I really didn't like that too much.
But it sounded fun at the time.

'Course there are other things to do at the lake besides just swimming.
Mommy wanted to go on a walk, so being the polite young son that I am,
I went with her. I even took a nap so that she could enjoy her walk longer. 
I am nice like that.

And Sissy brought us yummy food. 
Did you know that you can eat chocolate cupcakes at the lake, even though you aren't supposed to have them at home?

Sometimes Bubba and Sissy argue. Mommy says she's had a rule for a long time that when they argue,
they have to hug and kiss to make up. YUCK! Remind me to never ever argue with Bubba and Sissy!

Maybe someday you can go swimming in the lake too.
It's a great fun adventure!

And you get cupcakes.

12 comments:

Wanda said...

Way to go Stephen. It sounds like fun, especially the cupcakes.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Mariliz said...

What a fun day! I spy a doggie in those pictures! Was he borrowed for the day??

Pokey said...

Yea, Stephen! Fun swimming, camping, and cupcakes!
:-}pokey

B-Z-Quilting said...

I love it! What a precious family you have. I love the picture of daddy holding Stephen up in the water by the pants! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

sweetybird09 said...

Oh that looked like fun!

Beautiful pictures too!

Belinda said...

Oh Stephen!!! You made my day! What a wonderful post! And you all looked like you had a good time too. Maybe one day I can go swimming in the lake. Maybe my husband will take me an hour and a half away to the nearest one... ;)

Heather said...

Great post & great pictures! Which lake is this? It has been so hot here- I wish we had a swimming lake nearby!

Angie said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I'm glad you got to enjoy the water!

Snoodles said...

Yippee! Makes me want to go to the lake near here, Stephen! You had lots of fun, I can tell. And it looks like everyone else did, too - you made sure of that, right? What a nice day!
Looking forward to your next post, dude! :)
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Pat said...

Stephen, you have the best adventures! And cupcakes too :) xx

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like that was a great adventure - and cupcakes too!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Stephen you have the best adventures...and cupcakes!...what a lucky boy you are...