to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, July 29, 2011

More things to Learn

Although I am not ready to start this week,
I truly do want to learn hand applique soon.
I especially want to try the freezer paper method 
and the starch method that Erin teaches on the My Tweets BOM.(see the sidebar.)
I think a reasonable place to start is the Consider the Lilies BOM. (see the sidebar.)
It has simple blocks with some simple applique.

A couple of weeks ago I was gifted with the perfect fabric for this BOM.
Sharon completely surprised me by sending this package in the mail:

Isn't that wonderful? And she must just know me and what colors I like!!
Of course I have already filled the clutch bag with my goodies. 
I am not a purse carrying person and I am SO tired of the diaper bag and have quit carrying it too.
So lately I've been slipping my debit card in my pocket.
Not anymore. This little bag is PERFECT for my everyday must haves. Thank you Sharon!

On the bottom of that pile is a "Faith" by Moda layer cake.
It will be so perfect for the Consider the Lilies BOM.
Since I am trying to be not so uptight about HAVING to get projects done before starting another,
I might just get started this weekend!

5 comments:

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Yay... we are learning together.... beautiful fabric... I agree it will be lovely for the Consider the Lilies BOM...
Hugz

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the 'Faith' in the lilies pattern - prefect! Enjoy!

Stray Stitches said...

I hope you enjoy hand applique as much as I do. I haven't been able to work on my project recently because of other things in the works but can't wait to get back to it! Have fun :)

Marcia Wachuta said...

You will like hand applique'. A couple years ago someone at our guild taught it and I tried it. Too much hand sewing for me! I will stick with raw edge applique'. But I have to admit liked it. Enjoy your day!

Blue Ridge Mountains said...

While living in a desolate foreign country I taught myself to applique. It is still my favorite. It is especially nice because I am not tied to the sewing machine. My blog has a couple of finished projects you might like to look at.