Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Light, A box and A big Flop!

Recently I had a big garage sale. 
It was also a big flop!
Besides a couple of large ticket items, my daughter and I made a whole $12 between us! It cost her more in gas to come help me than we made at the sale. 
(Oh, and no, my prices were not too high. We had no traffic. Less than 10 cars the whole weekend! And we had good signs out too. It just wasn't the right time I guess.)

One thing that I was hoping to get rid of was this:

Every single 'older' man that came to the sale asked me what was "that light in a box". 
Ummm, a light box. 
A really huge one!
I put a piece of paper on there for you to compare it to.
I had asked someone in my past life to please make me a light box.
This is what I got. You have to completely unscrew all the screws in the plexiglass to get to the light.

Well, apparently the rest of the world has no use for this giant light box either. 
I set it out on the curb for anyone to take.
Nope. I still have the thing.

I am currently using the front window as my light box. 
Anyone want my really huge light box?
Stephen thinks it's a great place to store dinosaurs.

I just want the thing GONE!

9 comments:

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Ouch, sorry about the garage sale bust. Maybe it was just too hot for people to go out. Too funny about the light box, be careful what you ask for, right?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The fall is a better time for garage sales - cooler weather for one, and people are tending to be 'nesting' - putting things into their homes for the winter to come. Hmmm - know where there is a dumpster?

Angie said...

Nothing worse than a garage sale that's a bust -all that hard work for naught.

And WOW on the light box, that sucker is huge! How many times have you moved it now?? Time for the trash I'm thinking.

Dorian said...

Just take it apart Tonya, I'm sure you can find something to do with the parts ;)

Stray Stitches said...

Sorry you didn't have a successful garage sale. Maybe try again in the fall and plan it around the first of the month. If it were me it would all be going to Goodwill or some place like that - garage sales are just too much work.

krisgray said...

Maybe someone could take it apart, make some cuts, and make one that's a little smaller.

Jorge and Evielynne's RV Road Adventures said...

We love yardsales - Jorge looks for jeans (for denim fabric) and I look for crafting things that women must have but never use... Wish we where in the area - we would so come by and helped you unload your stuff right into our rig!!

Evielynne

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

http://mrmrscraftyrving.blogspot.com

http://rvtravelingpets.blogspot.com

D said...

Sorry the sale didn't go as planned.. Hope you are all doing well otherwise! I had to laugh when you mentioned your current practice of the window as a lightbox. But ONLY because I begged and begged my hubby to make me a lightbox (not sure why- i am the crafty one). Now I don't want one (more crap to store) because I have found my sliding glass double doors make the PERFECT light box!

A little scotch tape and some unused newsprint have kept me happy while making patterns for hours. lol So yes, I can relate to your lightbox issue!

Belinda said...

I never have good luck with garage sales. Oh I sell stuff, but never make enough for all the work and trouble. I doubt I EVER have another one.
I feel your pain girlie.