Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lazy in the Hot Hazy summer!

Sleep. Who needs it?

Well, apparently I do. Twice last week I fell asleep at 10:00 pm while rocking Stephen to sleep.
I don't really rock him. I just kick back in my recliner and he settles right down and goes to sleep.
Then I move him into his bed---usually. But lately I seem to be just falling to sleep right along with him!
Then on our big Campfire day I took a four hour nap with him.
He never takes that long of nap, and I can't believe we both slept that long.

About 4 years ago I got Mono from watching a little girl in my home for two weeks.
She was visiting her grandmother who owned the local feed store. Grandma got Mono too.
Kids don't even show that they have Mono so we didn't know she had it until we both got it. 
Anyway, I was a single mom and working too hard and I just couldn't get over it. 
Since having the Mono I sleep more than I ever used to. 
Then Stephen came along and I sleep even more. 
I sure could get more sewing done if I'd quit sleeping so much!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been getting some wonderful gifts from my blog friends.
I have been racking my brain on a way to give back, 
as I really really really have no time to sew up gifties.
(Cuz I'm lazy and sleep too much probably.)
Well, the opportunity came up to pay it forward.
I saw one blog that needed bright scraps for a quilt pattern she bought.
She usually only uses civil war reproduction fabrics, and has nothing bright.
The other wants polka dots.
Well, guess what--I've got those too! 
I can finally pay it forward a bit! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is just one of the gifts that I've received lately.
I won a giveaway from Fiona at Bubz Rugz.
This is a Grace charm pack by Moda.

I already have plans.
I have itty bitty English paper piecing dresdens that I am going to make.
They finish at 4" and will fit on a charm square, so I will use part of them to make the dresdens but will save some squares for backgrounds. I also want to make some tiny scripture stitchery designs for it.
It will be a tiny dresden and Scripture quilt. I cannot wait to get started!

Look at this tag that was attached. Fiona sewed those tiny squares together, then onto the tag. 
Cute!


6 comments:

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

We must both need extra sleep... I fell asleep at the chair this afternoon .. I never do... so glad the charm pack arrived safely... lovely range... enjoy...
Hugz

Stray Stitches said...

What a cute sleeping dog picture :) Some of just need more sleep than others. I look forward to seeing your tiny little dresden plates!

Kat Scribner said...

HA! I love pictures of pooches! All pooches! This is a fantastic picture. It makes me crack up.

Marcia Wachuta said...

Love the dog!

I had Mono when I was in college, in the fall of 1975. I slept a lot! Tired now, but not because of Mono. I said before if you sleep longer than planned --- you must need the rest! Sleep!

I like your pay it forward idea to share fabric. That would be a good idea for a fabric share group.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Heather said...

I've been sleeping a lot lately too. I'm trying to take a day off today though and see how things go. Have a great day!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Luck you winning that lovely charm pack from Fiona...those little dresdans sound very cute...looking forward to seeing how they turn out...