to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, July 18, 2011

I like Mondays.

So, after last weeks English paper piecing posts....are you more confused or convinced? Hopefully convinced, but you all should know by now that I am all about doing your own thing and not letting blog land influence you. If you get bit by the EPP bug, try some things and do what works for you. I will perhaps come up with a project or two, a pattern, etc, to share with you along the way...but I need to keep practicing for now. I still am working on those 288 diamonds. It may take awhile...
_____________________________________________________________________________

I have taken away the Medical journal page. Things aren't so crazy now...we are in a waiting stage and I need page space for more resources to come! My knee/shoulder are still doing better. I am beginning to feel pain again, but I have learned to baby my knee. I can tell when my knee is stiffening and filling with fluid so that is my clue to sit down--before the cyst enlarges again and causes  trouble. I don't want to go another month without being able to walk! It sure has opened my eyes to be thankful for everyday things. Like walking trails, and swimming in lakes. My arm...I just could jump up and down everyday with new found tasks that I can do again. Like hang photos or quilts, swing with Stephen on my lap, sew, and hug.
_______________________________________________________________________


This coming Saturday, July 23rd is the Crafters Campfire.
One day of nice and easy relaxation. 
Share anything that comes to mind. A campfire recipe.
A travel craft. A favorite vacation. 
Eat some Smore's. mmmmmmm.
Mr Linky will be set up here, and on Sharon's blog.
I am getting ready. I have a pile of books on hand. 
Stephen and I are buying yummy stuff tomorrow. 
I have the perfect fabric picked out. 
What am I making with it? I have NO IDEA! 
I have had the fabric for years, saving it for the perfect occasion, 
which is finally here. Now to just pick the perfect thing to make.
Saturday I'll reveal the fabric---and hopefully a project that I will be making that day!
_______________________________________________________________

There is still time! 
My one participant is on vacation,
so if you want to make this:

Go HERE and get the pattern. 
We will start next week when SOMEONE,
no names mentioned, gets back from the Bahamas!
____________________________________________________________________

The numbers on my debit card got stolen this past month.My card has been used several times without my knowing. The card is in my possession (and cancelled now) so it had to have been a merchant where I bought something or paid a bill. I have not figured out everything this other person used the card for. There is something to be said for not having tons of money in the bank. That way when someone steals your card numbers, and they use the card, it doesn't take long for your bank balance to be in the negative and the card won't work anymore. Of course the bank has refunded any debits that I am sure the culprit did. I guess he needed the money more than us. It is frustrating to not know where this happened though. We actually think it is the City where we pay our utilities. I don't use my card for much, so this is a very big possibility. Since I use my card so little I think the bank will be able to trace it easily.
_________________________________________________________________________

I like Monday's. It marks the beginning of a new blog week.
This week I plan to share some websites and some blessings. 
I have been blessed to the point of tears on more than one occasion lately by you all. 
Thank you. Every single one of you. You all just make my day!



11 comments:

Madame Samm said...

Good Morning Tonya and I do like Mondays too for many reasons...but this week our temperatures are sew high....I am just glad we have a basement and I can find myself stitching...

Stray Stitches said...

Glad to hear that your knee and shoulder are doing better. Monday's are definitely good - a new start to a new week!

Me and My Stitches said...

I have had my credit (not debit) card number stolen TWICE online. Thankfully the cc companies are really good and catch it quickly - but the people rarely get caught. If only people would channel that energy into doing something good, and maybe a real job! Happy Monday to you~!

Pat said...

Yoo hoo, sweetie!
Glad to hear the shoulder is good and letting you do so many things now. And glad too you can recognise the warning signs on the knee so you can rest it *hugs*
Cloning of cards is a pain. Glad your bank is being helpful .
and I like every day I see you smile (in words) .
Happy Monday, happy week! xx

Linda said...

Yay, you are feeling better! Happy to hear it! Oh and I am love the EPP. Very relaxing and I am getting the hang of it!

Mariliz said...

I'm sorry to hear about your debit card. That is horrible, I hope it gets all fixed soon! Glad you're feeling a little better.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Glad you are feeling better. Mondays are a fun day as everyone catches us up on all their activities - like having some gossip time/show and tell over a cuppa java or tea.

Marcia Wachuta said...

Great to hear your knee and shoulder are better! Yippee!

I love Mondays too --- it's the planning day for the whole week.

Thanks for sharing Sharon's Crafter Campfire -- Going to hop over and check it out!

Enjoy your Monday!

sweetybird09 said...

I started reading this blog after you had trouble with your shoulder and knee so forgive me for asking what happened?

I too like Mondays, its a fresh new start to the week, I am glad that you found out about someone getting your card #'s, its hard to believe there are mean people out there...

God bless your week!

Jill@northstarquilting said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're arm and knee are a little better. I'm sure the hugs will make it heal even quicker.

I'm going to start some EPP, looking forward to Saturday!

Heather said...

It's a blessing to have you in my life, even though we don't get to see each other! I wish we lived close because I'm sure we'd be over at each other's houses nearly every day. :)