to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 9, 2011

I have been on the go with my On-The-Goes!

A while back my wonderful friend, Pat, ordered some of my On the Go place mats. Pat is a wonderful artist, and she had the brilliant idea of using a photo of one of her paintings as the focal point for the place mat. She then gave them as gifties. (Well, she kept two for herself too!)

This is a Pat's painting of her own rescued dog, Missy.
You can see the original painting RIGHT HERE.


This place mat has a photo of Pat's beloved departed dog, Spotty.

This painting is of a tractor. You really need to visit the original as it is wonderful! Find it HERE

This turned out absolutely beautiful! I was able to match the blues in the painting almost exactly with some hand dyed fabric that I used in the napkin. 

I have always had a fondness for eagles, so this painting was very fun to work with. 

When one of the ladies received her place mat gift, she ordered this lizardy one for her grandson.

And this cupcake and floral one for her granddaughter.

The timing was perfect, because my good friends granddaughter had a birthday this month,
so I whipped one up for her too!

Then, one of the people that Pat bought the place mats for wanted to surprise her back with a roll up paint brush caddy. I sure was busy for a bit, but it was fun. I am hoping to make up several placemats for children and put them on my blog and have them ready to personalize. (But I cannot do this until after the first part of August.)

14 comments:

rubyslipperz said...

These are really cool ideas! and...hand-dyed to boot! WAY cool! I'm thinkin' this same idea could translate into something great for newlyweds...with a small picnic basket?

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Wanda said...

Been a bit busy have you? I love what you did, especially with the paintings. The one's for the kids turned out really cute.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Sara G said...

Very nice place mats! So much talent you have as well as the paintings by your friend Pat. Thanks for sharing with us!

Christine M said...

They all look great Tonya!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very clever - they are all very pretty and unique. Busy girl!.....

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a great idea to incorporate the photos...they all look fanatastic...

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh my gosh are these ever fun! Love them!
xx, shell

Heather said...

Very nice! You should definately get some made to sell!

Pat said...

Everyone who had them has been pleased with them, Tonya! They are such a unique gift - and we all like a picnic. The farmer has been using his one with the tractor already - it goes to work in the field with him :)

The possibilities of what photo you can use are endless - weddings, babies, favourite pets - absolutely anything.

And as an artist, I love the brush roll -so very unique, when all you can get in the shop is boring black or an off white cotton!

Good luck with creating - and hopefully, as Heather said - selling!

Jorge and Evielynne's RV Road Adventures said...

WOW Tonya - what a flipping GEM you are.... I haven't had inet for a long while and your the first blog I've read since getting back my inet.... WOWWWWWWWWWW WOWWWWWWWWW ummmmm are you selling? A new store? Geeeze you have talent!!! Can you come clean up my drool?

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

http://mrmrscraftyrving.blogspot.com

http://rvtravelingpets.blogspot.com

Yippers back to bloggin on all 3 of our blogs and thank you for reading all of them Tonya!! Love ya!!

Belinda said...

All I can add to the above comments is...WOWIE KAZOWIE! What fun these are! And you have been a very busy girl haven't you???!!

Marcia Wachuta said...

Love all the place mats! I love the tractor one with the denim pockets -- So cool! Glad you shared them all for us to see! Thanks!

Snoodles said...

I can't really add anything to all the applause you are getting, except to say that I agree! These are so cute! You rock, girl!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Melissa said...

Aren't you the talented one?! You and Pat make a great team!