to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, July 11, 2011

Howdy!

How many of you remember Minnie Pearl and how she would say, "Howwwdddyyyy" all drawn out and high pitched? Well, that is the kind of howdy I am bringing to you today. I am in a super mood and I just felt like bringing you a big ol' Howdy!! I have many friends that have no clue who Minnie Pearl is...I'll try to find a video for you to post at the bottom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many of you know Sharon of Vroomans Quilts. She is always talking about S'mores. Now that is simply not fair to a non-sugar non sweet household. I love S'mores, and I cannot think of the last time that I've eaten them. So she and have been kicking around an idea. (Really, I have ulterior motives though. I just want an excuse to eat S'mores. Shhh, don't tell Sharon!) Anyway, it is time to share that idea with you. We are going to host a day called

CRAFTERS CAMPFIRE

What is it? Well, on July 23rd, we want you to cook up some of your favorite campfire recipes, and relax and enjoy the day working on your favorite take along craft. We, of course, would love for you to share your favorite campfire recipes and your craft with us! We will have a Mr. Linky ready. 

Here is the best part. You don't have to leave your house. You don't have to pack the bug spray. You don't even have to start a campfire if you don't want. Please make plans to sit around the campfire with Sharon and I on July 23rd! (by the way...I WILL be eating S'mores that day. mmmm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am seeing diamonds. Everywhere. I have 288 English paper pieced diamonds finished. Now I am working on sewing them together. I cannot wait to show you. But, sigh, I guess we all shall be waiting a bit, because I don't want to share until I am finished. 

I am sharing some other English Paper Piecing pointers this week; as I know several of you are waiting for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This video is only 8 seconds but it will still make you smile.





10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Hi Tonya - I promise to share how to make non-campfire smores with you that day. I remember Minnie - her trade mark straw hat with the price tag attached.

Linda said...

Sounds fun Tonya but I will be away. Oooo, I too know how to make non-campfire smores :) I might just have one right now :)
Oh and I can't wait to see your diamonds! I just got some hexies so cant wait for the tips on the EPP.

Stray Stitches said...

LOL! When I saw your 'howdy' and read the name Minnie Pearl her high pitched howdy immediately came to mind. Haven't thought about that for years :D
I look forward to seeing your paper pieced diamond creation :)

Sharon Pernes said...

Now all I hear is that Howdy! Thanks lol
I love the campfire idea, will have to come up with a great recipe for it.

Sarah Craig said...

I think I'll be able to participate - and I have a recipe for low(er)-cal s'mores, too! Be sure to remind us closer to the day, ok?

PS My great-grandfather was good friends with Miss Minnie - a fact I didn't know until just before she died, unfortunately! I'd love to have tried to touch base with her and see what she could tell me about him! She's a local heroine, since I live in the Nashville area!

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Oh I only heard of smores a couple of weeks ago - I will enjoy seeing these.... I used your foundation piecing instructions last night (for a tree I was making)..... at last I can understand what is meant... the pictures and drawings helped a lot..... thanks.
Hugz

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

LOL Minnie.... I so missed your blogs and it feels great to be back to norm!! Can these be sugar free - being a diabetic type 1 really hurts in the rv world I tell ya!!

Evielynne

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

http://mrmrscraftyrving.blogspot.com

http://rvtravelingpets.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I can't wait to see the diamond project you are making!

I will have to come up with something for Crafters Campfire. I'm not so sure about smores... I prefer just the marshmallows! :)

Snoodles said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your diamonds! (In a husky whisper)"You know, diamonds are a girl's best friend!" LOL Oh, I would love to have some smores....maybe Sarah will have the recipe for lower calorie ones for us. Do you think they can make marshmallows with splenda? Giggle!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kat Scribner said...

Hello Tonya. I am glad you posted a comment on my blog as that is how I found my way here. It appears we like alot of the same things. I am new to blogging. Glad to meet you.