to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Eye of the Storm

 I first found out about The Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Challenge months ago at

We were paired up with another challenger, and we traded fabric.

I was sent these fabrics:

The blue swirly I used in the background, the sailboats and yellow I used in blocks but also saved some for the border, and I saved all the red for the border.

For the quilt blocks I added some of my own fabrics, and tried the tube quilt method.
 The tube method I will explain in more detail someday. 
Here are the blocks and the different ways I could possibly use them:





I opted for this pattern:

I didn't have quite enough blocks/borders to meet the size requirements,
so I added an extra border. Here is the finished quilt:

I call the quilt The Eye of the Storm, and I like the result.
(Even though it took me months to complete!)

22 comments:

Fiona said...

So effective Tonya... I love your finished quilt.... I have just done some tube blocks too!! we must be thinking the same.... but I am a bit slower!!

Sarah Craig said...

Tonya, it's absolutely awesome!! I love how your fabrics all worked so well together!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love it - perfect effect with the fabrics and colors - name of the quilt is just right. Congratulations on frinishing.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

It's lovely, Tonya, and so wonderful that it's going to such a worthy location. I looked at the link you provided and the quilts are beautiful! What a wonderful group of quilters!

Christine M said...

What a lovely bright quilt Tonya. You've done a lovely job.

krisgray said...

Very pretty - and happy!!

Angie said...

Beautiful!

Jill@northstarquilting said...

Well done for getting it done, I know it's been hard for you. You should be very proud of it though, it's beautiful.

rooee said...

well done, this is going to be very much loved!!

Marcia Wachuta said...

Very very cool! Eye of the Storm is a perfect name! And the colors are great! The person who gets it will love it!

Lynda said...

Love all the bright colors. I'm sure whomever gets it will be delighted. I'll be watching to find out more about tube quilts.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Wozers~! I really love the bright colors. Borders are perfect for it. Nice Job~!

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely cheerful quilt.

Linda said...

Great job Tonya! So bright, cheery and fun to look at :)

P. said...

That turned out so nice! Great use of those vivid colors!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Great job!!

KatieQ said...

I love your quilt. The colors are so bright and sunny. I really like the setting you chose for the blocks.

Hope Filled Living said...

This is so pretty Tonya! I like the border. You are so talented. You inspire me to get quilting again.
Hugs,
Mary

Snoodles said...

Tonya, this is wonderful! I love the colors, and yes, I want to know about the "tube" method! LOL
I had fun with the H2H challenge!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Melissa said...

Great quilt, Tonya! Aren't you glad you stuck with it? I bet Stephen likes this one!

Patty@Granma's said...

Very - very - very nice!

Jindi's Cottage said...

That's a great looking quilt...perfect for a house with boys in...well done...