Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back in the doggie business again

Remember my post about my simple table with my water bottle vase? 
Stephen and I found a new flower while out walking one day last week. We've never had these grow wild anywhere that I've lived before. I just love it!
This is one of these moments that I wish that i could draw. 
I can envision a large vase with a bunch of these in it for the center of a wall hanging.
I just can't get it from my brain to paper.
They put new dust/gravel stuff on the trail Stephen and I had been using for our morning walks. It is real soft and I really struggled getting the stroller through parts and I am sure this is what messed up my knee again. We won't be walking our little trail until some rain comes to pack it down a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------
I have been able to make dog blankets again. 
I'll have to tell you the whole mess about my denim machine sometime. 
I can't really make the blankets for the prison. The new lady in charge of the dogs is not cooperating.
For now I am finding other dogs to give them to.

The blanket below is on it's way to a very deserving little girl.
She was rescued by a wonderful Mum and Dad who take very good care of her,
and she just had her check up and is doing great for a 13+ year old dog.
Instead of adding a name to her blankie, I put wonky pockets. 
I think they are perfect for tucking toys and treats in!
I tucked a toy in one of the wonky pockets for her.
This blanket is on it's way to Europe--and it's a complete surprise.
At least until they read this.
Hugs to you, Missy's Mum. xx

I am making a couple of other dog quilts.
Well, I at least have them all laid out but the H2H gets first priority for now.
I can not wait to share Toby's story with you--watch for it on Saturday.



11 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh we have Tiger lilies here everywhere! And you have a lot of dogs who thank you around!

Stray Stitches said...

Lillies are such pretty flowers. Your doggie quilt is perfect and will be much loved by the new recipient!!

Mariliz said...

What a sweet thing to do. Hope your knee is ok.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Sorry about that post removal -- I totally goofed up!!

My mother raised day lilies and tiger lilies and seeing photos of them bring on sweet memories.

Cute doggie blanket! I think the pockets would be a cute idea for a child's quilt too!

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

What a great idea.... better not show my dog.. she will be jealous!
Hugz

Marcia Wachuta said...

We have tiger lilies they go wild here is Wisconsin and they are in full bloom! They look so cool along our country roads.

Love your dogie blankets! I am sure they love them too. The pockets are a great idea for dog snacks.

Heather said...

Pat & Missy will love the new blanket! It's too bad the prison pooch program can't get their acts together. But hopefully soon!

Charlie and Wendy said...

You found a beautiful lily, and the new quilt is looking nic.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the wild day lilies we have all over the farm. Cute idea to add the 'treat' pockets on a pet bed.

Pat said...

Pat and Missy do love the dog blanket, thanks, Tonya.
Due to the kitchen refit, I've not been around and only saw this post today!
The blankie arrived a couple of days ago, Missy sniffed the box like crazy, laid on the quilt when I popped it on the floor and was thrilled to find her favourite toy (tennis ball) inside the pocket.
You really are a diamond, Tonya. I'm honoured to be your friend .
Love and hugs
Pat xx