to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Stephen's Duck Adventure

One day we went to Branson to see my Nanny and Pop.
While we were there, Nanny decided we were gonna go ride a duck.
I said, "Huh?!" 
I'd never ridden a duck before. 



Whew! Was I surprised when I saw the duck. 
It didn't look like any duck I've ever seen!

Isn't that a strange looking duck?
But it was sure fun to ride.
We got to go see a bunch of army tanks and stuff.

I think Mommy was much more interested in the Hillbilly stuff though.
Like when we got to Cousin Clyde's house.
I wanted to stop and eat there, 
but that ol' duck just kept goin'!
(If you click on the photo you can read the sign,
then you'll know why I wanted to eat there!)

Next we saw a Hillbilly Dr's office.
It was nothing like our kind of Dr.'s offices.
I think my brother should set up an Apothecary shop here:

When we finally got done driving around the hills,
we got to see what this Duck was really all about!

We drove right into the water!
That was my favorite part.
I saw a really big boat while I was out there.

Of course, my Daddy didn't understand that I am a big boy.
I kept trying and trying to jump into the water;
but he wouldn't let me.
My Nanny did help me splash and play in it though.

When we got all done riding the duck,
my Daddy took me back to let me swim in the water,
just like the ducks.


And my Nanny even dried me off with a Ride the Duck towel when I was done.

Hey, look, I am a duck out of water!

Mommy says I fit right in with this family of Quacks.
I am not sure what she meant though. 
I just know that I had fun riding the Ducks with my Nanny and Daddy!

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

He just grows and grows Tonya.

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a fun day you had playing with the Ducks Stephen...lucky you..

Linda said...

Looks like a lot of fun Stephen! Love the little ducky too!!

Mariliz said...

What a great day! I love all those little shops, so cute!

Snoodles said...

What fun, Stephen! I would have enjoyed that too...I can just imagine your surprise when that ole duck just drove into the water!!
Jacque in SC

Marcia said...

Glad you finally let Stephen write a post about his adventures! Love the ducks! Looked like a lot of fun!

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to go back to Branson!

Belinda said...

I'm sure glad that duck stayed afloat Stephen! Looks like you, your Nanny and Daddy had a great time. I guess Mommy was stuck taking pictures again... Poor Mommy!

Sara G said...

Awwww! Thanks for sharing Stephen about your nice trip on the Duck. So much fun!