Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Randomness Hillbilly style (more Hee Haw too!)

A few random things today....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the doc yesterday. The update is in the medical journal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although my blog has a lot of quilting on it right now,
I still like to blog 'life' things too; It keeps things exciting.
Plus I have a BUNCH of non-quilters that follow.
(Seth and Stephen have a following of their own I guess.)
So, hang in there you non-quilters.
We like quiltsy things around here, but we like life too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Bible Study on my new blog starts Tuesday.
I am very excited! 
I don't expect to get near the followers as here,
but at the time of this writing there are already 10.
That makes for a very nice Bible study!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am NEVER disappointed by you NOT joining in on a project. 
Do you see all those projects (BOM's) on my right side bar??
I am only working on ONE. 
The others I will save until later.
I want my blog to be a place of learning for you.
The instructions will always be there for when YOU are ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to go to a funeral tomorrow.Very sad situation. 
My friend Jeannie died about 6 or 7 years with a brain tumor. 
She left behind her husband, Neil, and her two sons.
One of her boys is my daughters age, and they were very good friends.
(In fact Jeannie used to tease me that I had to make sure our kids marry each other.)
Jeannie's husband, Neil was a very good, quiet, humble man.
Let me prove it with a little story...

I was a single mom for a couple of years, 
and I found a job several blocks from home. 
Amy had just turned 16, so I gave her my car and I would walk to work.
I would close the store, and walk home about midnight.
Now, mind you, my hometown is a small safe town.
But, I guess Neil didn't like me walking home late at night,
because one day he showed up to work and gave me Jeannie's car to keep.
Neil's one request was that no one would know that he gave the car to me.

After I remarried and Jerry got re-located, 
we had to sell the car...one to pay for the move and two as we had to drive 
the moving van and the truck with us, so no way to get the car there.
Selling Jeannie's car made me very very sad.

Jeannie's husband Neil went on to re-marry as well.
And earlier this year, he contracted cancer.
His funeral is tomorrow. Sigh.
The boys are in their early twenties.
No mom, no dad and no living grandparents.
HUGE SIGH.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all make me smile.
Thank you. 
Here's some Hillbilly type smiles for you:






11 comments:

Dorian said...

Oh Tonya! what wonderful news from the Dr!! Well, the bill part at least ;) I'm so sorry about the pain though. Just take it day by day, is all you can do. I hope the shots help the shoulder.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Stray Stitches said...

Your appointment just proves there are still doctors out there that care. I'm so glad that for you.
Sorry to hear about your friend - that kind of loss is never easy.

Pat said...

They say that angels walk the earth - that doctor is one. I am so pleased he is looking after you *hugs*

An I'm a non quilter, but your blog is always interesting to me. Though I don't always comment on the quilt posts - I do read them :) xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Don't be ashamed of using a cane - it really will help. Do those at home exercises. So sorry for your lose.

Marcia Wachuta said...

I read the Medical journal and I am glad the Dr. was so kind to you with your knee and your shoulder and your bill. I am glad that you have a possible solution and hopefully the pain won't be so bad with the cortisone shot for help with healing. Keeping you in my prayers...

And sorry for the loss of your friend. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers also.

Mariliz said...

I'm so happy you found a good doctor!! Hoping the cortisone give some relief. I had frozen shoulder last year and the exercises did help, but you have to do them everyday. Did he give you one of those stretchy bands?

Belinda said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Sometimes doctor's can really be sweethearts. That's awesome news.

I will pray for your friend's family. I'm 52, without both parents and no grandparents and it's hard enough for me. I can't imagine being that young and being in this situation. My heart goes out to them.

Angie said...

Praying for you today Friend!

Melissa said...

Hey you! Sorry I have not been a very good blog friend lately. WAAY busy as you know - not that that should be an excuse! I am glad your fun will be waiting when I return to the world of sewing, though. And I am sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes life just sucks, doesn't it? But I bet he has great kids who will do fine. Sounds like they were raised by a great dad!

Patty@Granma's said...

No matter when you lose your parents, it's hard. Which just goes to show as parents, we really need to be there for our kids from the beginning, for 'no one knows the hour'.

God bless

Jindi's Cottage said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
I do not even begin to understand the health care system in your country but do you not have community health centres where low income earners can access treatment for services like physio - even if you have to go on a waiting list first? Like I said, I don't get your health care system so please excuse me if I am speaking out of turn. I hope your knee and shoulder start to cause you less pain soon.