to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Guess what?

I took a walk with Stephen tonight!!
My knee has been feeling better and I just couldn't stand it anymore.
I didn't go as far as we used to but it was several blocks and as soon as it started hurting,
I headed home, and propped it up.

But it was so nice...
and it made me realize so many things that I take for granted.

I just wanted to share with you this small (but huge to me) accomplishment.
I think Stephen has missed our evening walks too.
He just smiled and jabbered about the dogs we saw along the way.


What a Blessing!!

13 comments:

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Wonderful Tonya... every small step counts towards progress....
Hugz

Sara G said...

I'm glad you got out and walked!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good for you - use a cane and a knee brace. Baby steps.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great news that you are able to get out and about again...even if only for a short distance...and that you "listened" to your knee and went back when it said it had enough...tomorrow another step forward :)

NorthernStar said...

I'm glad you got out to enjoy the evening. I bet Stephen loved his time out with Mommy. Keep resting - Jill x

Wanda said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that you are on the mend!

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Yay! I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the evening with Stephen!

B-Z-Quilting said...

Happy that you got to spend some time outside with your baby! I hope your knee continues on the mend.

Marcia Wachuta said...

That is great! A little walking is good - just don't over do! I am sure Stephen loved the walk! Enjoy your Sunday!

Mariliz said...

Yay! Good for you and Stephen!

Pokey said...

Thank the Lord, Tonya. Count even those lttle steps as blessings! :-}pokey

Angie said...

That is wonderful!!
You keep taking care though -I know it's hard to be still with your little about ;)

So happy you got to get outside for a bit!

Belinda said...

Oh wow! That's so great Tonya!