to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

Who is Me?



I thought before we get to far into our Me month,
it might be fun for you to learn a bit about me.
And I don't mean the every day things.
You know that I love my husband, love my kids,
homeschool...things like that.
So, here is a few of my favorite things that you may not know:

1) Puppy grunts. It has been so long since I've held a puppy or pet a dog. Sometimes I just sit and think about how a puppy is so cuddly with his round little tummy and those cute little grunts that they make when they snuggle in your arms.

2) Big Loud Thunder Storms. I love to go down into our basement garage, open the door and just watch the storms roll in. The louder and brighter the better.

3) Hot baths. All year round. With bath salts. Oh yes, and new salts ready to indulge in this month!!

4) Early morning watching the sun come up while hiking in the woods. It is beautiful to see the deer and the other woodland critters awake and scamper around Creation.

5) A finish. I don't care if it's quilting or dishwashing. I am a finisher. I just love to cross things off that mental list!

6) The movie "The Little Princess" (newer Non-Heidi version.)

7) The Chronicles of Narnia. I have loved them since I was 10 years old.

8)Cherry Mash. It's wonderful to live in Cherry Mash country!

9) I am accident prone. I have broken a leg, a toe three times, have had stitches on my forehead, another toe, an arm, and I've even ran over my own hand with my own car.

10) I love the smell of horse manure. If you aren't a person that loves the country or loves horses, then you will never understand that statement.

11) I love Sunday afternoon drives. I sure wish I could try a Sunday drive in a horse and buggy. Doesn't that sound fun?

What are some unusual things that we don't know about you?

19 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Gentle hugs, prayers, wonderful thoughts, the 1st sunray on my face, family and friends. Gentle hugs to you my friend.

Belinda said...

I love that you shared unusual unknown facts about you. I'll have to think about doing that again. I've done it before but it was a couple of years ago.
So sorry for your troubles dear. I will remember you in my prayers. I hope you can get through this, and post now and then. In the midst of it all, I pray you can find some "Me" time.

BubzRugz said...

Thinking of you....
Hugz

Wanda said...

I will be praying for you today as I sit and paint somemore. I have come to really enjoy your posting and so it hurts me to know you are hurting. If you need anything just drop an email.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Thinking of you, Sis! You can email me anytime. :)

Unusual fact about me: I drink hot tea every day any day of the year no matter how hot it is outside!

Stray Stitches said...

Keeping you in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing those little tidbits. I am also a lover of puppies and thunderstorms!!

Linboose said...

Tonya, my heart and prayers go out to you!
Hmm, something you wouldn't know about me is that I love cookies, cakes, muffins, etc. I can't resist a fresh baked anything :) I would love to work in a bakery one day. I would probably gain 700 pounds but who cares, right! LOL

The Tulip Patch said...

Tonya, I hope you are doing ok.

I actually love the smell of a sale barn (which is pretty much sawdust and cow manure). It reminds me of walking on the catwalks looking over all the cows with my dad. It was one of the better memories of him.

Mariliz said...

Tonya, I'm thinking of you and hope all is well. I love that you posted "Who is me" and think its a great idea, very fun to read. I may do a similar post. Sending you hugs and blessings!

Lynda said...

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Know that we are all thinking of you.

I've actually been working on hand stitching the tulips you posted for "May for Me". Looking forward to seeing more.

Pat said...

Thinking and praying for you, Tonya *hugs*

Unusual about me?
I love the smell of surgical spirit :)

Angie said...

Praying for you!

I'm a great big ball of 'uniqueness' -I wouldn't know where to begin. :)

Sara G said...

Praying for you and sending many hugs!

Hmm, not sure what to put - After my stroke I'm trying to learn me again. I can be controlling at times but I'm worse when it comes to my daughters needs. Today has been challenging as we had dentist visit. She did great but I have issues when she is in pain and having to deal with the spot where they pulled a tooth. I can't put into detail but I had to go sit in the other room and chill lol. I hope she feels better soon!

Love you!!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

#9 I am so sorry but I had to laugh - I swear you are Jorge's lost twin. Let's see! I was a track star all through high school (I am only 5'6) and I was a cheerleader (I joined because they said smart girls don't cheer) I was in college a year earlier because I left high school a year earlier because well let's say cheerleading is for the smart lol. I worked for Disney for 8 yrs as a dancer and have the best memories from it. But I don't have 1 single Disney item in my home. I grew up on a farm and I do love and ride horse - I went to private school and a horse was required and my Sandy was my best friend for many years. I always wanted to Barrel race and trained for it but never competed because of college. I am afraid of SNAKES and STORMS. And I think you are awesome Tonya!!

Evielynne

Snoodles said...

Tonya, If you stop by to check on your blog, I hope all the good wishes cheer you. Whatever you are dealing with, try to find just enough time for our online Bible study; perhaps something there will help. I will be praying for you daily (actually several times a day). From the list you left, we are really quite similar! Did you have a long-lost sister that the family used to tell about? :)
Prayers and a big hug to you my friend.
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Patty@Granma's said...

I'm sending you a hug [__________] - just step inside and hold on tight.
Keeping you in my prayers,

Marcia said...

Tonya,

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers... May is for you ... so if we need to delay May for you a few months we can... what I mean by this, is take care of your family and we will be here when you can be here...

Prayers for you ...

Marcia

Marcia said...

Oh -- thing about me... I love to laugh out loud! Laughing everyday is so important.

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear your month is not starting well. If only we could see life's difficulties ahead and avoid them altogether. But since we can't and you have encountered this one, take strength from your friends here and continue forward. And when it all gets too tough or too depressing, think "puppy grunts, big loud thunderstorms, hot baths, sunrises, Little Princesses, and the Chronicles of Narnia".