to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Things that help

So, how do I do it?? 
How do I juggle homeschooling, blogging, reading blogs, quilting, family time.
Not perfectly that's for sure.
I have days where I am frazzled. But, isn't that just like a woman?

As the month goes along,
I will show you some things that really help me to get by.
One of them is Google. 

I love google. 
I love google chrome.
 I love GMail. 
I love blogger. 
I love google docs.
I love Google reader. 
I love Google Calendar.

And my newest Google love? 
iGoogle.
This is the handiest gadget that I have found yet for my internet surfing. 
Oh, wait! Before it go on I need to show you a ME! thing.
I need to show you my laptop.
Do you see that? "W" is missing and A, S, and E are all getting worn off.
I only use my computer for photos and the internet.
And my computer is only 4 years old.
(Actually that is ancient in computer years, isn't it?)
I think this means that I pretty much live on the internet.
(But, hey, I don't watch T.V.!)

Ok, now that I've shown you just how much I use the computer,
I want to show you iGoogle.
iGoogle allows me to keep all my favorite sites all in one place.
I don't have to switch back and forth between tabs and such.
I can look at my gmail, my reader, facebook, weather, my calendar, my calculator,
and much more....all on one page!

Here is a little video by google.
And no, they didn't pay me even though they should have!



14 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Thanks for the tip.... will have a look ..
Hugz

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I still haven't learned how to link someone - If it is more than one step I'm lost. To think I was once a computer systems analysist. Hahahaha!

Wilma NC said...

I don't have iGoogle, but I have my methods, lol Might have to give it a go though.

Belinda said...

Hey, that looks pretty cool. I'll have to check it out!! Thanks for the suggestion.

Snoodles said...

That's neat...I'll have to try it out on my ancient (six year old!) computer!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Judi said...

Wow that is really neat. I had not seen it.

Stray Stitches said...

Hmmmm....I will have to check out igoogle. Thanks!

Marcia said...

I have Google for my email as my one email (from my website) goes to my Gmail, so they are all together in one and I have another browser for my Blog and Facebook and twitter on Chrome Google - I love that!

Thanks for sharing the I Google - love it!

Have a great day ! May - Hurray!

Marcia

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

iGoogle is pretty fun! Thanks for the reminder - I had forgotten that I had it when I changed to Chrome. I'll have to play around with it!

As for homeschooling moms -- their thanks are the wonderful, well-rounded, confident children that they raise! More power to you!!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

I have igoogle but have never used it - after the whole video - going to switch to it now!! Thanks Tonya!!

Evielynne

Danielle Renee said...

I'm starting to like google more and more, I just realized how many tools they have for us to use the other day.

Heather said...

How cool! I'll have to use that now too. I've also not used Google Calendar & need to check that out. I find myself using the computer more then watching TV now too. I just turn on my music instead!

P. said...

That is very cool! Thanks for the techy tip!

Michelle said...

Hi Tonya
I have just found your blog, and am excited to find another home schooling/quilting Mum!
Thanks for sharing the Google tips I will definitely be checking it out!