to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stitchery Three: Windmill

May for Me Quilt n Stitch Along

I bet you couldn't guess last weeks hint. LOL, pretty obvious, huh?


Today you have two new types of stitches to use. 
The first is for the center of the spoke on the windmill.
It is called a Woven Spider Wheel.
I love this stitch and I use it for flowers, wheels, dots. It is fun to sew.
(if you start searching for it on the web do not confuse it with the ribbed spider's wheel).
The best tutorial that I found is RIGHT HERE.

For the windows, I did satin stitch.
This is the simplist video that I could find on that. Simple is better!



Finally, a hint for next week...our final stitchery design!

(I don't take credit for this very weird video. People put crazy things on the net. But it suits my purpose!)





10 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Darling stitchery! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Snoodles said...

Love the windmill! These patterns are great! Thanks for all the effort you have put into this!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sarah Craig said...

Boy she's proud of those toes, isn't she? You'd think she could have put it to music or something.... LOL! Did you check out Tiptoe Feet 2 (the sequel, I guess!) Maybe she wants to be a foot model....

Linda said...

Aww, pretty windmill! Ok, so now I'm stumped for next week unless we are putting toes on our quilt, lol.

Heather said...

I love the windmill! I'm going to work on that today. :) My guess for the next block is wooden clogs. I used to love watching the cloggers at Silver Dollar City! :)

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Windmills are one of my favs... LOL on the toes... AWWWWW wooden clogs would be cool!! I use to wear them!!

Evielynne
www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the windmill! Think I'll use a button in the center of the blades - love my buttons. I just finished up my bindings and was thinking 'What Next'? Now I know. Off to stitch.

JuneBug, Milta and SnowPea said...

We have to put away May for Me for the next week because we leave for Idaho Monday and right now are packing and cleaning like crazy. I am so glad for the video and will watch them soon... I plan on stitching while in Idaho. I am so excited....

Evielynne
www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

Snoodles said...

I really like your windmill pattern! Looking forward to stitching it!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lynda said...

I get to try some new stitches on the windmill. I guess next time we'll be tiptoeing through the tulips?