to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, May 16, 2011

Relaxing in May!

Boy, blogger sure messed up my schedule. Seth was supposed to bring a post to you on Friday, then on Saturday I wanted to give you a progress report (I am actually getting some things accomplished!), and then today I was going to show you my Creation Station. Seth has had his post written and ready, so I guess my update report and my Creation Station reveal will have to be pushed back....clear til next week sometime as my blog calendar is full until then!


Seth is my oldest son. He's 13 and has a passion for herbs. This photo is a year old; amazing how different they can look in a year! Anyway, here he is (all typed in his own words):

Ahhh, May is here and with it comes relaxation, rest, and my very own muscle relaxant.
This relaxant is good for sore muscles or just relaxing in general.
All you need is any plain lotion and fresh peppermint. That's it!
All you do is put some lotion in a bowl and mix with peppermint (it's better if you can grind it), 
keep adding and mixing in peppermint until the relaxant is a green color.
(This is only if you started with white lotion.)
Now just rub where it hurts and wait a while then it should start to feel warm,
then a little cool.

This stuff is great! My friend Mitchell plays football and gets lots of sore muscles that rubbing doesn't even help; and this stuff works every time.

Well, that's it for today but next time I shall make some catnip/rose tea.
So long for now! 
---SETH---


15 comments:

Judi said...

A future doctor? pharmacist? gardener? Wonderful post

Mariliz said...

I'll have to try this on my husbands knee. Thanks!!

Belinda said...

Wow! What a kid! Awesome advice and help Seth. I'll be looking forward to more of your posts.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Budding pharmicist - peppermint is a base to many remadies. Can't wait to see what you have with the catnip - I use it for many things , grows all over the farm.

Marcia said...

Wow I just bought a peppermint plant on Saturday to add to my container garden. I thought I better look up and see how I will use it! Thanks now I don't have to look it up.

What other herbs are you growing? A couple weeks ago I bought herb plants just for their names.... Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. I always grew Parsley, but not the others. Need to look those up too or stop by here next week for more information.

Thanks for sharing Seth!

Linda said...

Tonya, Thanks for sharing Seth's talent. I love to see young people find their calling early in life. Truly exceptional!!
Seth, Thank you for the lotion remedy. I just planted some mint so this will be another great way to use up that ever growing mint!! Great job on blogging too!! Can't wait for your next installment :)

Pat said...

I see a Medicinal Herbalist in the making!

Snoodles said...

Wow, thanks, Seth! I had better drop by the farm supply today and pick up a plant or two...got some aches and pains that could be helped with your remedy!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Heather said...

Good to know, Seth! Thanks for the tip!

Patty@Granma's said...

Seth - You're right, peppermint is wonderful. I use a peppermint lotion for my tired achy legs and feet after standing all day, and they just perk right up! I have a big bed of peppermint right outside my back door! And a spearmint bed, too, if you have any recipes for that. Tell your mom HI for me, and have a great week!

krisgray said...

Very cool! Now I know what to with all the mint I have by my house. After a session of yard work I will grab some, make my own linament and relax - thanks!

John'aLee said...

Wow how interesting! What a kid you have there Tonya!

Jorge and Evielynne's RV Road Adventures said...

Seth you put us adults to shame - love you for it. Putting your lesson to use!! POST MORE PLEASE....

Evie
www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

Ann Nichols said...

What an amazing young man you are!! A son to make a mother proud! Tell your Mom Hi for me!
Blessings!
Ann

Tonya said...

Hi its Seth and i forgot to add in the blog that pepperment leaves is what you should use.
Also thanks for all the nice comments!!