to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sad face

The Moda Bake Shop contest results just came out.

My quilt didn't make it as a finalist. Sigh.

You can see my quilt here.

And you can compare it to the finalists Right here.

Oh well, I really don't care because Savanna loves it.

And, that is all that matters!!

(Although I would like you all to take a peak at the finalists. I am disappointed in some of their choices as I saw so many other quilts that put in so much more work than the 'chosen ones'.  But, I am no quilt judge and I am for sure not MODA who chose the finalists. I did like a couple of the final choices.)

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I know Tonya - I was a bit surprised by a few of the selections with all the entries - but you just can't second guess. Don't let it discourage you - you had a lovely quilt and you say, it is a well loved quilt and that is what matters. I'm up for the next round, hope you are too.

Mr Mrs Crafty said...

Hugs.... knowing the history of your quilts I am very very sad.... But I am going to tell you something. In modern times being number 2 is better then being number 1 (american idol is an example)... True story... We love your quilts and to us your are the bomb!! the 127 of your fans will back me up "We love you"

QuiltSue said...

I have to agree with you about some of the choices. It would be interesting to know how they arrived at their decisions.

I'm sorry yours wasn't selected but really you are the winner as Savannah loves it.

Q said...

don't be sad :( I am sure you can ask them to let you know how they chose the finalists? I was a little sad myself, but didn't really enter, I had used some fabric in my charm square project that I intended to finish and enter that is not Moda fabric, so I couldn't use it for the competition. your quilt is lovely and as you say Savannah loves it, so enojoy and maybe try again in next month's competiton