to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, April 22, 2011

O2

I haven't blogged about this yet,
and I am sure some of you are wondering why??

For those that don't know,
I finally got to bring this home...
Her name is Lydia.
And she and I are going to spend many hours together.
(yes, I name my machines. I used to name my cars too.)

She's been here a while, but she had a little problem.
When Janome designed this foot(the 'O' foot) for the machine:

They goofed.
You should have seen me stressing over it!
 It can't sew over seams.
Not at all. Bunches, moves, bulks, rebels.
I was so upset that the machine couldn't even sew a seam!

Turns out, it is only this particular foot that can't.
It just happens to be the foot that I will use most.
So, I started researching what in the world I was going to do.
I had a high dollar machine bought for quilting,
that can't piece quilts.

My local dealer should have already handled the problem
before the machine ever got into my hands.
Only I didn't know it.
A bit of web research found me this:

Oh, yes, a newer version of the above foot....
and it works!
A quick email to Janome,
and they put one in the mail. 
(Even though my dealer was supposed to include it free.)
I am now sewing right along. Whew!

This machine truly is a dream machine,
but I've much to learn about it.
And I am taking the time to do so. 
A big thanks to Janome for being quick on sending the new foot to me!

The other machine-- you remember T REX don't you?
It is in the shop getting its timing all fixed.
I use it for Denim dog blankets and usually T-shirt quilts too.
It's a cheap little machine but it has a powerful chomper.


Once I get them both working,
there will be NO stopping me.

Well, until the next time Stephen needs something. 
That happens alot. 
But he's cute about it.

Have a Blessed Easter everyone.
I have signed off for the weekend.

See you Monday!


7 comments:

Angie said...

I am so excited you got your machine-and just in time for May!
Happy sewing!

Pat said...

Well done Janome, for great customer service.
I'm so looking forward to see what masterpieces you create now you are unfettered machine -wise. Have a blessed Easter xx

Marcia said...

I love my O foot! I can't believe they didn't include a NEW O foot with your new Machine. Glad Janome came thru' and got you the NEW O 2 foot for your new machine. Now that you have the right foot you will be a happy quilter!

Keep us updated on how much you love the machine! I have a Janome 6500 I love it! - But I would love to have Janome Horizon! I have brochure to dream about it!

Mariliz said...

Congratulations! I have a Janome too. My foot gets caught up on seams too. I should call. Thanks for writing about that!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Jorge loved your blog article - I just kind of went what?? LOL talk to me about yarns but all I can do is drool at all of you quilters... ENVY.... Quilters of the world are loving you!!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you got the machine & are able to use it! Stephen & Jameson are two peas in a pod when it comes to 'helping' or needing us. lol

Melissa said...

Yay!!!! Look out sewing world! Tonya is back!!